Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:15 PM
that picture does not say very much to me. I stepped off a latter wrong and split my head open. Held a towel on it for an hour, there was blood allover, ruined a shirt, the towel. I drove to the hospital and had 12 staples put in my head.

A bump on the head that leaves a goose egg, hurts more. The head will bleed a lot from a small cut. Anyone that has ever cut themselves shaving knows that.

The fact that he did not go to the hospital, and that the bleeding, was contained on site means it was minor and not life threatening.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #317
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:15 AM
the picture does give some credence to zimmerman's story... and could make it harder to convict on a murder charge.

regardless of the outcome of the trial, the only way that martin's death won't be in vain is if it leads to stricter gun laws in the state of florida.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #318
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase
the picture does give some credence to zimmerman's story... and could make it harder to convict on a murder charge.
We already know there was wrestling due to the 911 calls.

So this doesn't really bring anything new to the discussion. The narrative has never been(at least to those paying attention) that Martin never threw a punch. At the end of the day it still, for the most part, comes down to a "he said/he said" story with one side being dead. These pictures don't really say who started what.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

It definitely helps Zimmerman to have been injured.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #320
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
It definitely helps Zimmerman to have been injured.
Oh absolutely. It doesn't really change the narrative in any way but it does help him.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #321
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:15 AM
The nature of Zimmerman's injuries won't be news to the prosecutors; they've already seen all available police and eyewitness photos of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
the only way that martin's death won't be in vain is if it leads to stricter gun laws in the state of florida.
Hard to see how anything less than a concealed carry ban would prevent cases like this, but AFAIK Illinois is the only state to have such a ban statewide, and considering how powerful the NRA and 'gun culture' in general seem to be in FL, I don't see them following IL's lead anytime soon. Revising or dropping their SYG statute would be better than nothing, though.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 04-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #322
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Doesn't quite excuse shooting the kid in the chest with a hollow-point round (aside: why the hell are these kinds of rounds available to the general public?)
I'd like to know the answer to this question, too.

As for any confrontation that happened-if Trayvon did indeed start things, that will be of some help to Zimmerman. Some would argue it probably would have been wise for him to just try and ignore Zimmerman, continue on home, let his dad know the guy was following him, and take things from there. And for his own sake, that's probably what he should have done.

But at the same time, as has been stated in this thread before, if someone's following another person, intentionally, for no logical reason, yeah, most people in that situation are probably going to turn around and ask what the deal is, or they'll quicken their pace and try to get away. Even if Trayvon had just done his best to ignore the guy and keep walking, Zimmerman was on a mission, so who knows what he could've done if he felt Trayvon was purposefully trying to evade him for one reason or another? There could have been a confrontation no matter what.

Again, I love how in some people's eyes, Zimmerman's "just defending himself", but if Trayvon did indeed come at him, he's "causing trouble". Wouldn't Trayvon have had a right to defend himself, too, against someone following him for no reason?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #323
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
or they'll quicken their pace and try to get away.
Which, by Zimmerman's own admission on the 911 tapes, is exactly what Trayvon tried to do.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #324
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:15 AM
Yesterday's bond hearing sure wasn't the greatest showing for the prosecution; just finished reading the transcript. The investigator clearly wasn't prepared to be questioned by Zimmerman's lawyer, and his answers seemed to give credence to suspicions that there really isn't much more evidence out there beyond what's leaked.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 04-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

If that's the case,he may very well go free in the end, which I guess maybe he should.

Perhaps the real focus needs to be on getting rid of Stand Your Ground rather than getting a conviction of Zimmerman.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #326
Refugee

Wouldn't it have made more sense to charge Zimmerman with voluntary manslaughter? Well actually Florida doesn't seperate voluntary and involuntary so it would just be manslaughter. It would be a hell of a lot easier to convict him of, since it's clear he didn't intend to actually kill him, up until the struggle between the two. Then again I dont know a lot about homicide law.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

Florida prosecutors don't exactly have the best track record lately. Casey Anthony anyone?

I don't think Zimmerman will be convicted
Old 04-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #328
Blue Crack Distributor

i think he's going free, and i think there will be riots. and the fault should lay at the desk of the DA for kowtowing to public and media pressure and over-charging zimmerman. if they had gone for manslaughter, they could probably get a conviction and zimmerman would have spent some time in jail.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #329
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
It would be a hell of a lot easier to convict him of, since it's clear he didn't intend to actually kill him, up until the struggle between the two.
I'm not sure how anyone could say it's "CLEAR he didn't intend to actually kill him". We really don't know what he intended. He was a self-imposed neighborhood watch that was carrying a gun. For all we know his intent was anyone who takes a swing at me I'll kill them. We just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
i think he's going free, and i think there will be riots. and the fault should lay at the desk of the DA for kowtowing to public and media pressure and over-charging zimmerman. if they had gone for manslaughter, they could probably get a conviction and zimmerman would have spent some time in jail.
I agree, I'm shocked by the over-charging. At first I thought the charge must have been the result of info we don't know yet or something in Florida law, but it seems to be just overzealousness.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #330
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I'm not sure how anyone could say it's "CLEAR he didn't intend to actually kill him". We really don't know what he intended. He was a self-imposed neighborhood watch that was carrying a gun. For all we know his intent was anyone who takes a swing at me I'll kill them. We just don't know.
I think if you shoot someone, it should be implied that you were at least willing to accept that it could kill him. There needs to be some sort of inherent responsibility

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin