Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:47 AM
The only thing I have to say in relation to that story is that I sure am glad there was a gun in the presence of children. Really. That's a great thing for a kid to get used to seeing.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #257
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:47 PM
Orlando Sentinel, April 10
Quote:
The two attorneys who have been representing George Zimmerman announced at a press conference minutes ago that they are withdrawing as his legal counsel.

"On Sunday, we lost track of George, in that he would not return our calls," attorney Hal Uhrig said. Said attorney Craig Sonner, "I've lost contact with him at this point." The lawyers said Zimmerman called Sean Hannity of Fox News without consulting with them. He also called the office of the special prosecutor in the case, something the attorneys said they'd never have told him to do.

"We were a bit astonished," Uhrig said. He praised Special Prosecutor Angela Corey's office for declining to speak with Zimmerman without legal counsel. He added that he thinks Zimmerman is going through post-traumatic stress. "He's largely alone...he's at least emotionally alone." Sonner said that he'd be willing to represent Zimmerman again in the future, if Zimmerman were to get back in contact with him. Both lawyers said that they still believe Zimmerman is innocent. However, they said they can't represent him without being in communication with him. According to Uhrig, Zimmerman had characterized the lawyers working for him as "legal advisors," not his attorneys. "I'm not sure what the distinction is, but in his mind there's a distinction," Uhrig said.

Zimmerman has been in hiding since the shooting. Sonner said on Tuesday that Zimmerman is still in the United States.
Christian Science Monitor, Apr. 10
Quote:
George Zimmerman has spoken out in public for the first time since he shot and killed Trayvon Martin in an altercation in Sanford, FL, 46 days ago. On a website that went live over the weekend, therealgeorgezimmerman.com, Mr. Zimmerman says that on Feb. 26 he “was involved in a life altering event” that has made him the center of intense news coverage and forced him to “leave my home, my school, my employer, my family, and ultimately, my entire life.”

Zimmerman’s attorneys have confirmed the authenticity of the site.
Although it contains links to several pages, labeled “The Facts,” “My Race,” and so on, these contain little but quotes from famous authors, pasted on a background of an American flag. One page, “Album,” contains several images of pro-Zimmerman graffiti. According to the liberal Think Progress political blog, one image is of a vandalized black cultural center at Ohio State University, while another is from a rally held by Terry Jones, the controversial Florida pastor who has burned Qurans in anti-Muslim protests. [As of late this afternoon, only the image from the Jones rally was still up. ~y.]

The site offers no further details of Zimmerman’s side of the story in the Trayvon Martin case. In the past, his attorneys have said the neighborhood watch captain used his weapon because Trayvon attacked him and he feared for his life. The website does contain a PayPal link for supporters to donate to Zimmerman’s legal defense and living expenses.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:47 AM
Apparently the only person he's in contact with is Sean Hannity. Maybe he sits and watches all the media coverage and sees that Hannity is his guy.

Not a smart move to put that Ohio State black cultural center graffiti on your site, if he did that or someone did that on his behalf. Or the Terry Jones crap.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #259
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Zimmerman says that on Feb. 26 he “was involved in a life altering event” that has made him the center of intense news coverage and forced him to “leave my home, my school, my employer, my family, and ultimately, my entire life.”
You know who else had to leave his entire life? The guy you shot. That was pretty fucking life-altering, too.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says - The Washington Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #260
Blue Crack Addict

Trayvon is gone because of his own actions, trying to beat Zimmerman to death, he is no longer here to suffer the repercussions of his actions.

Zimmerman is the person that is still here, so all the anger for this tragedy is being focused on Zimmerman, who himself is a minority.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #261
Blue Crack Distributor

Your devil's advocate shit-stirring is often very irritating, deep.

On another note, I wonder if Zimmerman thinks he wasn't even going to be charged eventually? I mean, he may still come out the other side declared to be innocent, but what the hell would possess him to apparently ignore his lawyers and put up a website to make all sorts of statements?

Was he that convinced that he wouldn't even be charged, or is he just that much of a bonehead?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

I listened to a lot of A M radio today, those arguments are being articulated by a large segment of the public,
I assume many believe they are reasonable and fair opinions.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #263
Blue Crack Distributor

Yes, and it's annoying when you state them here without any context as if you are the one spouting/believing those statements.

I know it's your "thing," just your posting style or whatever, but it's kind of obnoxious.

I ignore it most of the time, but sometimes I feel so moved to say something about it.

So now you can assume I'll shut up about it for at least a few months.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #264
Blue Crack Addict

Ok, I could have began with, A lot of people are saying,

I think arguments should stand (or fall) on their own merits.

What I think?

I think Mr Zimmerman has earned the right to spend 10- 20 years in jail.

But, the trial will not be about justice, only about what will be allowed to be considered 'evidence' and 'proven beyond a reasonable doubt'.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #265
Blue Crack Addict

Zimmerman's attorneys are terrible.
A lot of the things they are saying should fall under 'client privilege'

when they spoke to him last
where he is, what his state of mind may be like,
he will not return our calls, etc., etc

The more professional thing to do
would be to release a written statement
As of this date we are no longer council for Mr Zimmerman.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

The Real George Zimmerman

I have refreshed this site a few times

it was at 300 counts about 5 minutes ago

now it is over 1400

this time tomorrow 100,000 ? 200,000

I wonder what the paypal account will grow to?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #267
Blue Crack Distributor

My apologies if I've misjudged your posts; to me they often come across as deliberately shit-stirring at worst, playing devil's advocate at best, but maybe that's not their intent.

Us regulars are used to it, but when it happens, I just cringe, waiting for someone not-so-regular to take it at face value.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #268
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
The Real George Zimmerman

I have refreshed this site a few times

it was at 300 counts about 5 minutes ago

now it is over 1400

this time tomorrow 100,000 ? 200,000

I wonder what the paypal account will grow to?
Counter must not work, cause it's at 300 something for me right now.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

right,

it looks like it resets at 2000?

interesting, it seemed low for all the news coverage

I am wondering if there is a reason, but the whole site is schetchy

edit to add

it just reset at about 700

it is being kept artifically low? would this make someone more inclinded to donate?

I think more so than if it had 500,000 hits
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
My apologies if I've misjudged your posts; to me they often come across as deliberately shit-stirring at worst, playing devil's advocate at best, but maybe that's not their intent.

Us regulars are used to it, but when it happens, I just cringe, waiting for someone not-so-regular to take it at face value.
please, no worries

and I never really need apologies, even when people call me mean names, which you never have

Tags
george zimmerman, stand your ground, trayvon martin