transgendered Barbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
[q]Barbie Accused of Being Part of the Transgender Movement
By JAKE TAPPER

WASHINGTON, D.C., Jan. 3, 2006 — The Concerned Women for America were … well, concerned. Outraged, even. Was Barbie becoming part of the transgender movement?

On Dec. 30, CWA, a leading Christian conservative group, noted on its Web site that on the Barbie Web site, www.Barbie.com, "there is a poll that asks children their age and sex."

The age choices were 4 to 8 but children "are given three options for their choice of gender": I am a Boy, I am a Girl and I Don't Know.

Bob Knight, director of CWA's Culture and Family Institute, said Barbie manufacturer Mattel was being influenced by the "transgender movement."

To pose "this transgender question at little girls, they've really crossed the line," Knight said, who added that "bisexuality gender confusion" is the Web site's agenda, which is "very dangerous."

The concern comes after a conservative boycott of Mattel's American Girls dolls. The American Family Association and the Pro-Life Action League protested that some American Girls dolls were wearing "I Can" wristbands, which support Girls Inc. Girls Inc. is a national, nonprofit organization that promotes education and self-esteem programs, as well as sex education, and supports abortion rights and the acceptance of gays and lesbians. The Mattel-Girls Inc. partnership ended on Dec. 26.

But Mattel, which also manufactures Barbie, said the Barbie incident is much ado about nothing.

"This was just an innocent oversight," says Lauren Bruksch, a spokeswoman for Mattel. As a rule of thumb, Bruksch said, the questionnaires at barbie.com always try to have a neutral answer or nonresponse option. For gender, this third option should have been "I don't want to say," rather than "I don't know." The Web site has since been fixed.

Knight had said CWA would contact Mattel to investigate the matter, but Bruksch said Mattel first heard of the complaint when ABC News called for comment.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=1466437

[/q]

To pose "this transgender question at little girls, they've really crossed the line," Knight said, who added that "bisexuality gender confusion" is the Web site's agenda, which is "very dangerous."

Um what does gender have to do with bisexuality?

I've seen those kind of polls elsewhere ;) No big deal about it. A 4 year old might forget he's a boy sometimes ahahah :p

The bigger questions are:

1. Should a company be collecting data from small children?

2. How do you get an "I don't know" response in the first place?

Oh my. I think some people have entirely too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

CWA, Mattel, Barbie.. fuck´em all.

The bigger question no.1 is valid.

The bigger question no.3 is
Who does the CWA think to be to hurt the business with such a ridiculous campaign. I´d fucking sue these lemmings for badmouthing my business. Since this wouldn´t backfire well with PR Mattel can´t do it (aren´t we all extremely family friendly and politically correct? that´s our image because we´re selling Barbies).

Back
Top Bottom