too funny part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
This made me literally laugh out loud:

medicine%20man.jpg

:angel:
:lmao:

Last edited:
he talks to the portraits

"In this job you've got a lot on your plate on a regular basis; you don't have much time to sit around and wander, lonely, in the Oval Office, kind of asking different portraits, 'How do you think my standing will be?' "—Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005

*Sigh* "We will, we will, ROCK YOU"...

If only they guys would do the equivalwnt with Duyba on this tour, as they did with Bush SR on ZooTV. Maybe use a 50-Cent rap or something.

I love Wonkette..

"The swankalicious dance moves. (Even with his ass planted firmly in a chair, the man swings!) The deep, rumbly, full-throated baritone, like a bull moose in love. The seam-busting weapons program in his pants. (How many tailors have simply dropped their thread and needle and said, "No mas!") Hands down, Big Dick Cheney does the best Tom Jones impression we've ever seen."

I think it's funny they're called slime :D

Namesakes of the U.S. President and two of his key people might be crawling around your back yard as you read this

Three new beetles of the genus Agathidium have been named after members of the current administration: A. bushi, A. cheneyi and A. rumsfeldi.

Two former Cornell University entomologists, Quentin Wheeler and Kelly Miller, were in charge of naming 65 new species of slime-mold beetles, which they discovered while studying the insects' evolution and classification.

Wheeler, who is now head of entomology at the Natural History Museum in London, said that the choice to name beetles after President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was out of admiration for their principles, not because they look like the beetles.

None of these beetles make their home inside the Beltway.

Wheeler said Agathidium bushi has been found in southern Ohio, North Carolina and Virginia; Agathidium cheneyi inhabits Chiapas, Mexico; and Agathidium rumsfeldi is known from Oaxaca and Hidalgo in Mexico.

The slime-mold beetles are so-called because they feed on fungi-like molds.

Some of the other recently identified specimens were named after the entomologists' wives and their scientific illustrator, as well as Pocahontas, Hernan Cortez, and the Aztecs.

Most of the rest of the names are derived from various geographic locations or distinguishing features. One of the beetles was called A. vaderi because of its shiny, Darth-Vader-like head.

Scientists are allowed to name the species they discovery. According to rules established by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature, the species name must end in "i" if it comes from a person.

The rather long scientific names also includes the names of those who first described the species.

The new names are reported in a monograph in the March 24, 2005, issue of the Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History.

Back
Top Bottom