Tonight on VH1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
....is a fantastic program on the AIDS crisis in Africa starring Ashley Judd and India Arie as they travel to Kenya and Madagascar.

The program starts at 8 pm EST and is on 90 minutes.

Looks to be a very moving and inspiring documentary.

Hope you can watch it.

Here's more info:

"Tracking the Monster: Ashley Judd and India.Arie Confront AIDS in Africa," a 90-minute documentary airing Tuesday on VH1, chronicles the artists' trips to Kenya and Madagascar, the New York Daily News reports. For the film, Judd, an actress and global ambassador for YouthAIDS, and India.Arie, an R&B singer and national ambassador for the U.S. Fund for UNICEF, each worked as volunteers on local projects that receive funding from the Global Fund To Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. According to the Daily News, Judd worked as a peer educator with local YouthAIDS staff in Madagascar to teach commercial sex workers and adolescents about HIV testing and prevention. India.Arie assisted community health workers at the Kenya Network of Women with AIDS, which provides food and medical services to 4,500 HIV-positive residents, including children who have had at least one parent die of AIDS-related causes. "There are some things that you don't understand unless you see. Once I got to Africa, I understood why I had to see it," India.Arie said, adding, "I know I have to help. ... I totally get it. It's profound already in more ways than I can possibly explain" (Guthrie, New York Daily News, 8/21). A photo gallery with images from the artists' journeys to Africa, public service announcements from the Global Fund, HIV/AIDS-related quizzes and links to related resources are available online on the VH1 Web site. The documentary is scheduled to air Aug. 23 at 8 p.m. ET (VH1 release, 8/23).
---------------------------------------------

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/vh1_news_presents/93916/episode_photos.jhtml

:up:

Ashley Judd has been one of my favorite women ever since I saw her speak as part of the DATA program in 2002. I didn't know much about her and though she was just another celeb that would join the cause for the tour and then fade away, but she is a REALLY good speaker and made some really key points, especially about education and the roles of women when it comes to AIDS and poverty in Africa. Bless Bono for all he's done, but there is something to be said about hearing more on these issues from another woman's perspective.

I'm waiting for the program with Jolie and Sachs too, Mrs Springsteen.

It's kind of delightful to me to see Prof. Sachs on MTV/VH1.:wink:

He was all over those channels during the Live8 concert.

I guess that's what happens when one of your best students is a Rock star! ;)

Back
Top Bottom