tommorrow colin powell speaks - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2003, 11:21 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:29 AM
I'm watching it too. I'm still not convinced.

Old 02-05-2003, 11:24 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:29 AM
What do you think of the two converstaions that he played? Maybe they were talking about moving wigets and not items that they say they don't have. Or maybe they are two staged actors talking OR maybe it is just two staged actors talking about widget and it is being translated wrong.

Old 02-05-2003, 11:32 AM   #18
Bordering Purgatory

its funny, all the headlines ive read on websites say "powell presents evidence."

then if you read the story, you find out that he didnt.
i will make you hurt
Old 02-05-2003, 11:33 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ghetofabu
What do you think of the two converstaions that he played? Maybe they were talking about moving wigets and not items that they say they don't have. Or maybe they are two staged actors talking OR maybe it is just two staged actors talking about widget and it is being translated wrong.
I was thinking the same thing.....
Old 02-05-2003, 11:35 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

There will be doubters to everything. There are still people who believe that we no one landed on the moon and that there was never a holocaust happened. Doubters to something will most likely always be doubters of it. It is the same way with believers of something.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:38 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:29 AM
I think faking, altering the recordings or for that matter the fuzzy pictures, dates is not likely.

The fact that two Iraqis discussed "nerve agents" and references to them is not surprising. The wireless transmissions (email) could have said “the nerve of those agents, they wanted to inspect at 5 a.m. , that is went I am at my morning prayers, praise be to Allah.”
Old 02-05-2003, 12:09 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I saw it, and the evidence is there. whether or not you agree is a seperate issue. I think if iraq bombed the white house some of you would say the video was doctored.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:03 PM   #23
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 11:29 AM
Well i don't believe that this "proof" would have any chance in a western court to

BBC and the British secret service - both not to be known to be anti american reject Iraqi al-Qaeda link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2727471.stm

" There are no current links between the Iraqi regime and the al-Qaeda network, according to an official British intelligence report seen by BBC News."

So we have to ask ourself:
Did Powell present enough evidence to justify war on Iraq?
Powell's revelations contain a lot of old news and lots of "anonymous" sources, we have to believe - we get no evidence.

Would that be enough if it was a trial in a court of law?

Klaus
Old 02-05-2003, 02:32 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:29 AM

I too believe the Americans haven’t tampered with the material. But all I've seen was an accumulation of facts leading to believe Iraq isn't fully cooperating with the weapon inspectors (but we already new that) and a lot of assumptions. We have to ask ourselves the question whether this is an “attack now or we’ll be doomed!” scenario, or if there’s enough time to explore other options. I’d go with the latter.

I also find it amusing that, while Bush already told us in early 2002 he wanted to go after Iraq, a lot of the ‘important’ (highly subjective term) evidence dates from after the UN had resumed the inspections. That, together with the fact that his motivations for an attack changes from time to time, lead me to believe that Bush wanted to launch an assault on Iraq first and only started looking the necessary justification later.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:16 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Peope here don't understand what the law stipulates here. The law is the 1991 Ceacefire Agreement. That law states that IRAQ, NOT THE UNITED NATIONS, must prove that they no longer have weapons of mass destruction. That is an irefutable fact.

Where are the 30,000 Chemical and Biological Shells, where are the 10s of thousands of tons of Anthrax and VX Nerve Gas. Iraq was required to peacefully disarm and the UN inspectors were there to verify that disarmament. It was never the job of the UN inspectors to hunt and attempt to go into every Iraqi home, and search every inch of every square mile of Iraq. The UN inspectors have never had the capability. The UN inspectors cannot force compliance. If Iraq does not have weapons of mass destruction, they have to prove it. Iraq has to show where the 30,000 chem/Bio shells are. They have to show where the 10s of thousands of tons of Anthrax are. There are only two results that are possible, they either give up the weapons or show the evidence of their destruction. So far Iraq has done neither.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:38 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't think Saddam will give up his WMD voluntarily, to be perfectly honest, and it was never really to terrorize the international arena as much as he uses the threat of them on his own people to stay in power. For him to suddenly give them up would be, in Saddam's eyes, leaving open an avenue for his overthrowal.

While I disagree with the methods that the U.S. has used during the past couple years--i.e., this kind of "secret" mentality they have--they are probably right on Iraq in dealing with the WMD. Iraq is hiding them.

Melon
Old 02-05-2003, 03:42 PM   #27
Bordering Purgatory

what YOU dont understand is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE in the universe to prove that something DOESNT exist!

its a loophole!

again, it is impossible to prove something doesnt exist.
i will make you hurt
Old 02-05-2003, 03:44 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Flag Pole Pear
what YOU dont understand is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE in the universe to prove that something DOESNT exist!

its a loophole!

again, it is impossible to prove something doesnt exist.
Considering the U.S. has spy satellites monitoring Iraq--and probably have been monitoring Iraq for over a decade now--such demolition would be on tape.

In addition, there would be waste products of such destruction. Where are those?

Melon
Old 02-05-2003, 03:52 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Flag Pole Pear,

Let me explain. Every one agrees that in 1998 Iraq had 30,000 Chemical/Bio weapon shells, thousands of tons of Anthrax and VX Nerve Gas. Iraq does not dispute that. Inspectors were forced to leave Iraq in 1998, and have only been let in the past couple of months.

There are only two possibilities for the above items. Saddam either still has them or he has destroyed them. If he still has them, he must turn them over to the United Nations. If he destroyed them, he most show the evidence of their destruction of which there would be plenty of. There is not a third possibility.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:55 PM   #30
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Considering the U.S. has spy satellites monitoring Iraq--and probably have been monitoring Iraq for over a decade now--such demolition would be on tape.

Melon
Like the US would play THAT or admit to it if it did indeed happen??? Cmon now!

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you