Toddler Found Drunk.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When there's thousands of Children starving, being beaten and/or sexually abused and even more thousands working in slave labour conditions this article just doesn't disturb me so much. Sounds like a white trash trailer park mistake. Maybe it's worse - I don't know - but really folks, the righteous indignation...really!!!

I'm a bit creeped out that the sheriff's deputies were peering in the windows. I'd certainly like to know a bit more about why they were doing that.

And perhaps the parents should think twice before having any more children if this guy is they best person they can find to sit with their kids. I understand how hard it is to find reliable people to baby sit, but that is a big part of the responsibility of having them.

Harry Vest said:
When there's thousands of Children starving, being beaten and/or sexually abused and even more thousands working in slave labour conditions this article just doesn't disturb me so much. Sounds like a white trash trailer park mistake. Maybe it's worse - I don't know - but really folks, the righteous indignation...really!!!

child abuse is child abuse anyway you look at it. If the sitter is sitting around getting drunk in the presence of children God knows what else he could be doing to them....thats not the actions of a responsible adult. The kid could have died, he was only 2-3 yrs old.

Last edited:
Christ on a bike. :shocked: I agree there are much worse things, Harry Vest, but the kid could have been seriously harmed. It's a disgraceful situation.

On the theme of children and drinking ... this excerpt is from a book about the Pogue's Shane MacGowan. Bear in mind he is talking about his life when he was just 5 years old.

Shane grins, hideously.

Shane MacGowan: I was smoking and drinking and gambling before I could hardly talk. I was given all the cigarettes and booze that I could handle. You soon get used to two bottles of Guinness a night. My Uncle John used to bring it in from the boozer about one o'clock in the morning. He bought me bottles of whiskey[...]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom