today is an important day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
here in belfast and throughout NI.......thousands and thousands are coming together to protest against paramilitaries owning areas....being in charge, etc........its time to fight back........and though this is not important to any of u prob, Im just sharing that Im hoping we can get on top of these ******* for once.....!!!!!!!!

Bono-vox would know what I was talkin about...........so pple, pray with me for peace.......thanks................

Originally posted by mad1:
though this is not important to any of u prob,
so pple, pray with me for peace.......thanks................

Yeah, it is maddie. Good luck and Godspeed.

------------------
They say that magic and the science world collide
Oh, but Einstein saw me lookin' at her and he joined my side

Jonathan Richman
"A Higher Power"

i think a lot of the world does care as they should. best of luck.

------------------
one cannot be betrayed if one has no people.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
i think a lot of the world does care as they should. best of luck.

agreed.

Good luck and God bless. I'm praying for NI and you, Maddie.

We do care about this!

I hope that you are able to prevail...peace will always reign if we really want it, and I know we do! My prayers are with you.

Peace, hippy

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

We definitely care about this, maddie. You and your neighbors are in our thoughts and prayers.

Peace.

-sula

Oh Im sorry......
smile.gif
I didnt mean it to come across like 'no-one cares a all'...
smile.gif
its just that it seems (to me) such a small problem thats internal and pathetic, compared to events like what happened at the World Trade Centre, or any other vicious crime where someone is shot for their purse, etc..............sozzzzzz
smile.gif

Its just a rally of our pple sick and tired of UVF/IRA and their violence, which came to a head esp over that young postal worker being shot cause he was Catholic......
icon25.gif
...and I guess I want to express my anger and pain at it all.........
frown.gif

i think everyone understood ya maddie. what's going on in NI is most certainly not small or unimportant. it's just as tragic when one person is killed as it is when 3000 are killed. senseless violence is always heartbreaking. it inspires me to hear about things like your rally because it gives me hope that most people in the world are good and maybe, someday, those hopes and prayers will turn into peace. idealistic, i know, but those are just my thoughts...
smile.gif

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
i think everyone understood ya maddie. what's going on in NI is most certainly not small or unimportant. it's just as tragic when one person is killed as it is when 3000 are killed. senseless violence is always heartbreaking. it inspires me to hear about things like your rally because it gives me hope that most people in the world are good and maybe, someday, those hopes and prayers will turn into peace. idealistic, i know, but those are just my thoughts...
smile.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Yo maddie, im prayin for peace with ya sister
smile.gif

I got off school today because of the protests
biggrin.gif
..the only positive thing from all of this fighting
frown.gif

Nowadays im afriad to step outside with my uniform on because ppl immediately know what religion you are which sucks...ppl here are such biggots grr

Hopefully some day we might be closer to peace..

[This message has been edited by bono-vox (edited 01-18-2002).]

it sounds like it was huge, maddie:

Rallies in North call for end to sectarian violence

All paramilitary organisations in Northern Ireland must disband and the problem of sectarianism be deplored, tens of thousands of people attending trade union peace rallies in Northern Ireland were told today.

The group withdrew the threats after they were condemned by the UFF. However the two groups are believed to be one and the same.

Northern Ireland Secretary Dr John Reid earlier urged people to join the protests and said he was allowing his 3,500 departmental staff in the Northern Ireland Office to attend. He said there was a need for an "extraordinary unity of purpose" following the murder of postman Daniel McColgan and the threats against his colleagues and teachers.

Many employers, including the head of the Civil Service, have said that while they support the lunchtime protest, they cannot endorse the call for a total work stoppage between noon and midnight.

Public transport has been heavily hit. Train services have shut down until 2 p.m. and bus services have been heavily cut. Banks warned customers to expect a restricted service. Services between the Republic and the North have also been affected.

Teachers at the heart of the protest and many schools were expected to close for the day, others to send their pupils home early.

PA

? The Irish Times/ireland.com

Back
Top Bottom