To those that will or did wait...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:

"what constitutes marriage?"

Can two people commit themselves to eachother before God without (i) a marriage certificate and (ii) an exchange of vows before a pastor, priest, etc.

Kinda what I'm getting at...

joyfulgirl said:

That didn't even come close to answering my question. Well, maybe it did but I want to know something else. So If God wants the sex drive to be solely for married couples then why doesn''t he provide a mate for everyone? Did he just randomly go, okay those people over there get to have sex, but not the ones over there?

I'm so glad the God I believe in isn't petty.

Because he did? Seriously, with 6 billion people in the world, I'm pretty sure there's someone for everyone!

It's one thing to wait til marriage when you're, say, under 25. Okay, maybe even 30 although that's reaallllllllly a stretch. But anybody over 30 who has never had sex because they are repressing their sex drive is not a healthy person, in my opinion. I would not want to date this person. Sorry, but ... no.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Because he did? Seriously, with 6 billion people in the world, I'm pretty sure there's someone for everyone!

Okay, then why doesn't he let them find each other? Do you really not know people over 60 who have never been married?

There's more women than men. :sexywink:

Melon

I'm actually doing a story on a woman Monday who turns 105 on Easter. She never married. She's also a strong Christian. She reads her Bible, prays and does a devotional every. You can hold a long conversation with her and she'll tell you all about her teen years. She picked up painting at 97. She's an incredible woman who you would think is in her 80s if you saw her and interacted with her. She considers her relationship with Christ the most important thing to her and she doesn't regret not marrying. She served as a missionary in Africa for many years and found that to be the most fulfilling thing. Her relationship with Christ and her relationship as a servant to others gave her more than a marital relationship or a sexual relationship could.

Aren't there more women than men though? So does this mean God promotes lesbians? Or polygamy? Or early death for some woman (so the other chicks can have her guy)?

And yeah, I'm being a smartass.

And, of course, I'm not planning on ever getting married. Too many jerks out there to even attempt it.

Last edited:
coemgen said:
I'm actually doing a story on a woman Monday who turns 105 on Easter. She never married. She's also a strong Christian. She reads her Bible, prays and does a devotional every. You can hold a long conversation with her and she'll tell you all about her teen years. She picked up painting at 97. She's an incredible woman who you would think is in her 80s if you saw her and interacted with her. She considers her relationship with Christ the most important thing to her and she doesn't regret not marrying. She served as a missionary in Africa for many years and found that to be the most fulfilling thing. Her relationship with Christ and her relationship as a servant to others gave her more than a marital relationship or a sexual relationship could.

Well that's swell and all but I've known a lot of people who wanted nothing more than to marry and have children but it didn't happen for them.

joyfulgirl said:
It's one thing to wait til marriage when you're, say, under 25. Okay, maybe even 30 although that's reaallllllllly a stretch. But anybody over 30 who has never had sex because they are repressing their sex drive is not a healthy person, in my opinion. I would not want to date this person. Sorry, but ... no.

i kind of agree. i wouldn't want to date a virgin. i guess i respect those who wait until marriage, and do so out of sincere conviction, but that's not something that i would seek in a partner. i'm more attracted to people who have what i consider to be healthy sex drives and do have sex, and make good decisions when it comes to sex. they understand that sex is sex, love is love, sex is not love, there can be sex without love, and love without sex, but that the best thing is love with sex, and that's what we're going to work towards.

but first we'll have to have sex, because if that doesn't work out, then there's no way the love thing is going to happen.

;)

joyfulgirl said:
Well that's swell and all but I've known a lot of people who wanted nothing more than to marry and have children but it didn't happen for them.

Exactly. :up:

Irvine511 said:

i kind of agree. i wouldn't want to date a virgin. i guess i respect those who wait until marriage, and do so out of sincere conviction, but that's not something that i would seek in a partner. i'm more attracted to people who have what i consider to be healthy sex drives and do have sex, and make good decisions when it comes to sex. they understand that sex is sex, love is love, sex is not love, there can be sex without love, and love without sex, but that the best thing is love with sex, and that's what we're going to work towards.

but first we'll have to have sex, because if that doesn't work out, then there's no way the love thing is going to happen.

;)

that is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the whole damn truth so help me God...according to joyfulgirl. :D

joyfulgirl said:

that is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the whole damn truth so help me God...according to joyfulgirl. :D

hmmmm ... maybe you really are a gay man trapped in a woman's body ...

:shifty:

I guess I should clarify that I accept that for men sex really can just be sex.

Back
Top Bottom