To those that will or did wait... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:28 PM
well, you have the option of getting married ... and i'm not in a position to be getting anyone pregnant

but doesn't it seem weird that God would take an interest in how many sexual partners you've had? if there was any, say, bisexuality going on? threesomes? just to what extent is sexuality regulated? are certain positions better than others? more holy than others? is doing it doggy-style more sinful than missionary?

seems like God should mind his own business if no one's getting hurt.

(being a smart-ass ... feel free to ignore me ...)

Old 03-22-2005, 03:19 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
i don't think God cares one way or the next.

doesn't he have better to do than keep tabs on who's sleeping with whom?
Agreed. I personally don't think premarital sex is a sin anyway, but eh, to each their own .

Angela

Old 03-22-2005, 03:21 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Realistically that would take a heck of a lot of willpower. I admire and wouldn't pass judgment on anyone who says they'd wait. Under those circumstances I think you're married in your minds and souls and maybe even in God's eyes too, who knows?

Unless the guy looks like Tom Hanks ended up looking in Cast Away-in that case, no problem abstaining

Didn't they make a really bad movie about this starring Brooke Shields?
Old 03-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Those tampons always give in to temptation.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coemgen
God does care if you have sex before marriage. Sex was created to be something for married couples to not only have children, but enjoy each other and grow closer together (and not just in a physical way) To have sex outside of marriage is a sin,
God also gave everyone a sex drive but does not always give everyone a spouse. So people should just repress their natural God-given sex drive and oh too bad so sad for them?
Old 03-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
Those tampons always give in to temptation.
please if you are going to use a tampon be safe

and put a condum on it.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:45 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I admire and wouldn't pass judgment on anyone who says they'd wait.
Agreed-I don't care if people wish to wait, that's entirely up to them, and if that's what works best for them, great. In turn, though, I would hope that they'd be just as respectful of those who chose not to wait. It's all something that should be a personal decision, something that each person should decide based on what they feel most comfortable doing.

Angela
Old 03-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

please if you are going to use a tampon be safe

and put a condum on it.

thank you for the one laugh i've had all day.

it's time to go home.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Who says "marriage" requires an official ceremony? We haven't even used the same ceremony since Biblical times. The OT attitude is that once you have sex with someone, you're married. Hence, there's a passage that a woman would be married to her rapist.

Melon
Old 03-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
It's all something that should be a personal decision, something that each person should decide based on what they feel most comfortable doing.
Or, what they believe is right before God.

I guess if premarital sex is not considered a sin, the question becomes a non-issue.

Breaking it down further, if you do believe premarital sex is a sin and you are willing to wait because you do not want to knowingly commit a sin, the question then becomes "what constitutes marriage?"

Can two people commit themselves to eachother before God without (i) a marriage certificate and (ii) an exchange of vows before a pastor, priest, etc.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:59 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Can two people commit themselves to eachother before God without (i) a marriage certificate and (ii) an exchange of vows before a pastor, priest, etc.
situational

stranded on an island
Old 03-22-2005, 04:06 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

You're right Joyful girl — most of us have a sex drive within us, and it was placed there for a reason. It's a good thing. We all know how powerful sex is though. There are some people out there — the holier than thou types or whatever — who claim sex is "evil" or "of the devil" or whatever. That's a bunch of BS. Sex is a good thing — God created it! However, he had a purpose in mind for it. It's not meant just to get off, you know. It's a powerful thing meant for married couples to grow more intimate together. You become one. That's what marriage is — the becoming of one. Although sex is good, what we do with it isn't always good. Sex can be destructive and harmful, not only to you and your partner, but others. We all know of all the diseases and everything you can get from sex and then there's the risk of having children (which I know all too well). Think of all the children who were born out of wedlock and the dad left and doesn't have anything to do with them or the mother. The mother is left raising the child and struggling through life as a single parent and the child doesn't have a father figure, which God intended him to have as much as he intended him to have a sex drive. (I'm not saying children born this way or his or her parents are bad people or any less of a person for their circumstances here either.)
Think of how harmful sexual abuse is too. It alone not only can alter how one views sex, but also relationships. My wife was molested by her real dad and her grandfather, and she's never trusted men (except me, which is why when we got pregnant I felt even worse).
I guess my point is that yes, God gave us a sex drive, but he wants us to fulfill it or spend it according to his guidelines and this isn't to restrict us, but to protect us AND to allow us to get the most of it.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:09 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:28 PM
Quote:
You're right Joyful girl — most of us have a sex drive within us, and it was placed there for a reason. It's a good thing. We all know how powerful sex is though. There are some people out there — the holier than thou types or whatever — who claim sex is "evil" or "of the devil" or whatever. That's a bunch of BS. Sex is a good thing — God created it! However, he had a purpose in mind for it. It's not meant just to get off, you know. It's a powerful thing meant for married couples to grow more intimate together. You become one. That's what marriage is — the becoming of one. Although sex is good, what we do with it isn't always good. Sex can be destructive and harmful, not only to you and your partner, but others. We all know of all the diseases and everything you can get from sex and then there's the risk of having children (which I know all too well). Think of all the children who were born out of wedlock and the dad left and doesn't have anything to do with them or the mother. The mother is left raising the child and struggling through life as a single parent and the child doesn't have a father figure, which God intended him to have as much as he intended him to have a sex drive. (I'm not saying children born this way or his or her parents are bad people or any less of a person for their circumstances here either.)
Think of how harmful sexual abuse is too. It alone not only can alter how one views sex, but also relationships. My wife was molested by her real dad and her grandfather, and she's never trusted men (except me, which is why when we got pregnant I felt even worse).
I guess my point is that yes, God gave us a sex drive, but he wants us to fulfill it or spend it according to his guidelines and this isn't to restrict us, but to protect us AND to allow us to get the most of it.
That didn't even come close to answering my question. Well, maybe it did but I want to know something else. So If God wants the sex drive to be solely for married couples then why doesn''t he provide a mate for everyone? Did he just randomly go, okay those people over there get to have sex, but not the ones over there?

I'm so glad the God I believe in isn't petty.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:09 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Or, what they believe is right before God.

I guess if premarital sex is not considered a sin, the question becomes a non-issue.
If someone wants to use their religious beliefs as a factor in their personal choice to wait until they are married to have sex, again, that's entirely up to them. I don't care. But if others don't use religion as their means of deciding whether or not they'll wait to have sex, that's up to them as well. It's all still a personal thing.

Quote:
Breaking it down further, if you do believe premarital sex is a sin and you are willing to wait because you do not want to knowingly commit a sin, the question then becomes "what constitutes marriage?"

I dunno...I'm sure some couples could probably find a way to do that. And there's the point melon brought up, too...

Angela
Old 03-22-2005, 04:25 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sorry I ranted and didn't answer your question Joyfulgirl. I guess I don't know why God doesn't make someone for everyone. Maybe he did, how are we to know. Or, maybe he has something bigger in mind for their lives than marriage. I don't know about that one. By the way the God I believe in isn't petty either . . . nor is he short of cash, mister.