To Protest or not to Protest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

To go or not to go??!?

• Go! Exercise your democratic right!!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Don't Go! Play it safe!!

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Feel the widespread Canadian Fury :wink:

solekiller.jpg

bushhitler.jpg

http://www.amalgamatedlampblack.com/protpage1.html

http://www.ottawakiosk.com/hill_cam2.html

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041130/wl_canada_afp/canada_us_bush

The last link is hillarious.

double posts :up: :rolleyes:

yeah, so i'm going to choose to ignore disco2blue's complete ignorance for the sake of not stooping to his/her level.

the folks at my school were organizing a walkout this morning. a whole 8 people (out of a school of 15,500) showed up. they put up a banner across the porch of the Grad House Bar here, where the people who walked out were going to sit. the banner was up for a whole 10 minutes.

the Grad House owner is a genius. he waited until the TV reporters got there to interview someone who was at the walkout. the cameras turned on and halfway through the interview the owner strolls out onto the porch and rips down the banner, yelling "this is private property!!"

the look on the face of the interviewee was priceless. and of course, that was the clip they showed on the news tonight, which i'm sure embarassed the hell out of the protestors.

i'm not going tomorrow, i couldnt even if i wanted to. the protest is at 10:00 am, and i'm working 8:30 am - 11:30 am, then going to class for 1:30.

:shrug:

DaveC said:

the folks at my school were organizing a walkout this morning. a whole 8 people (out of a school of 15,500) showed up. they put up a banner across the porch of the Grad House Bar here, where the people who walked out were going to sit. the banner was up for a whole 10 minutes.

the Grad House owner is a genius. he waited until the TV reporters got there to interview someone who was at the walkout. the cameras turned on and halfway through the interview the owner strolls out onto the porch and rips down the banner, yelling "this is private property!!"

the look on the face of the interviewee was priceless. and of course, that was the clip they showed on the news tonight, which i'm sure embarassed the hell out of the protestors.

:lol:

i saw that clip on the news, too. it was rather entertaining.

i don't mind him. he's VERY halifax-centred though.

we really don't have any better anchors though. the only one who even comes close is bruce frisko, but he's kind of a douche in person. :shifty:

There's plenty of reckless debaters on AOL. I hate to play mod, but either that or disco could write a book.

A_Wanderer said:
Well obviously Bush is being insensitive to Canadians with less than 5 fingers.
Ahh... He's made his share of middle finger jokes, I won't put it that way. Interesting argument though.

By Tucker Carlson:
Well, you know, he doesn't want to get heckled. That's right. I'm glad to hear Ms. Parrish is not a heckler, merely a person who stomps on dolls. You've got to have standards. And I appreciate yours. No, look. Just simply because the United States and Canada disagree about the war in Iraq and they do doesn't mean they can't have productive conversations. I mean, the United States and China talk about all sorts of things. We're major trading partners. And I think in the end, it only hurts Canada, these attacks on the United States. Again, just to restate a pretty obvious point that I know is foremost on your mind, Ms. Parrish, Canada needs the United States. The United States does not need Canada. But you need us. And so to alienate our administration is probably not such a good idea.
:up:

I know what he's saying, but I do think the comment about how Canada needs the U.S. but the U.S. doesn't need Canada is also pretty unproductive. In the end, we all need each other, and this kind of "f*** you" to a major trading partner and geographical neighbor isn't going to assuage anyone.

Yeah, I don't know about that specific one either, but I included it in the quote anyways.

It's the typical thing said that gets Americans branded as arrogant pricks around most of our globe.

I wouldn't exactly say Tucker Carlson is representative of all Americans-and like I believe Wolf Blitzer said, much of what he says is w/ tongue firmly planted in cheek

well i was unwillingly part of the protest after all.

my bus was driving me to school for class, and we were waiting in an intersection to turn left, when all of a sudden, the protestors come from behind the bus, surround it, and decided to stage their protest directly in the middle of the intersection. the bus driver couldn't move without running people over, and couldn't let us off (for liability reasons, he can't let us off at a place that's not a stop if we aren't a woman or elderly and it's not after dark), so i ended up sitting on the bus in the middle of the protest for 2 hours.

i missed the one class i was waiting for all year in ancient history, all about Homeric Poetry!! i got to school with about 3 minutes left in class.

you all should be thankful you weren't in the FASS building at dal today then...cause i was fucking FURIOUS. if i had to choose one single class all year out of any of them, this would have been it. i'm still pissed off about the whole thing. :rant:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom