To be Googled or to not be Googled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
As Google News has been googling our site for news for a while now...

I've made the decision to make FYM and War available to registered members only. This will keep these two forums from being googled.

Joel

Will it tell them that when they try to access the forum?

Lurkers wont know its members only now since they cant read this thread. :tongue:

Unfortunately, having a Moore thread googled... and end up on the main Google News page... isn't good for this server.

Re: Will it tell them that when they try to access the forum?

Sicy said:
Lurkers wont know its members only now since they cant read this thread. :tongue:

Lurkers wont see FYM.

I would like to see It's Official, Zoo Confessionals, and Journals restricted to members only, because it's pretty personal.... then there's the pictures posted in Lemonade Stand, which I think should be restricted as well....

but that's just my $0.02 :shrug:

I thought FYM was the reason why Interference were being Googled.

Last edited:
He changed it back to open for viewing for everyone... I think a couple months ago.

madamc said:
I thought the entire forum was for members only?

if the whole forum is for members only, then we'll never get any new members...some of the forum has to be visible so people will want to join.

and if you really want certain things to be completely *private* then certain things shouldn't be posted on a message board...anyone can pay to join and read anything they want :rolleyes:

nothing on the internet is completely private whether it be here at interference, PMs, aim, msn, or emails

with some of the arguing (not very newsworthy) I see in FYM, I think it's a good thing for it not to be googled :up:

Go ABEL! :lol:

:up:

*edited to add: You dont have to pay to join.. reading and posting is free... remember ABEL? ;)

pub crawler said:
:der: This could really shrink the pool of people posting in FYM.

I don't think Elvis means FYM is for premium members only (unless I read wrong), just that you have to be logged in to read it.

meegannie said:
I don't think Elvis means FYM is for premium members only (unless I read wrong), just that you have to be logged in to read it.

Exactly.

And its not becoming private because of personal issues.. but because of the mass amount of googlism it generates.

lol martha ;-)

meegannie said:

Ah, gotcha. I took the word "member" to mean "paid member." Well, cool then.

Back
Top Bottom