Time to get (more) worried?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
• CIA purged of nonloyalists and replaced with loyalists in key positions...check

• 8 billion dollars earmarked for Iraq reconstruction waylaid...check
(that can finance a lot of black ops)

• set up 14 permanent militarys bases in Iraq that could be used as operation HQs for future invasions...check

• Bolton is force-installed in a rush...check

• Bolton wastes no time to start mucking with UN immediately....check

• Bolton becomes impatient with UN inspections on Iran's nuclear program...check

• Bolton chides the UN that there is limited time (why? what's the hurry??)...check

• Nonloyal generals who might be in opposition to call time out on an invasion of Iran (or worse), fired or forced to resign...check

• Planted news reports give impression Iran is shipping conventional weapons to Iraq insurgents...check.

• Planted news reports give impression Iran is making nuclear weapons....check

• Black OPs CIA agents foment insurgency in Iran through dissident network...check a recent column from Scott Ritter

• All military leaves canceled or not allowed after 9/7.....allegedly??

(Most of the above taken from a post on D.U., I left out some of the more 'controversial' assertions, but I think most of it is verifiable, the last one may be questionable. )

Tin foil hat time again folks! :ohmy:

Last edited:
the things being done by this adminstration have always frightened me. I hate to say this on a public forum but Bush is a dictator. Look at the facts, he took office without actually being elected by the people ( the first time) he does whatever he wants to do and has no respect for tradition, politeness or protocol ( Bolton ) and he is smug and thinks that he can just run over anybody that stands in his way. He honestly frightens me to death.

Usually I take DU with a grain of salt, and this is no exception.

They are not going to invade Iran; internal revolution is the name of the game, putting US troops on the ground there would obliterate any goodwill that may be fostered through other means.

A_Wanderer said:
Usually I take DU with a grain of salt, and this is no exception.

To an extent I agree with you, just throwing it out there for debate more than anything.

financeguy said:

To an extent I agree with you, just throwing it out there for debate more than anything.

I appreciate the posts financeguy...you seem tuned in, and rightfully concerned about some big issues. :up:

VertigoGal said:
but there's no way we're invading Iran.

I don't have a feeling either way right now, for it's too early, but I do get concerned when people speak in absolutes. There are subtle clues that do scare me.

I don't think theres near enough time or political capital to make any move against Iran militarily unless the Mullahs started acting up in a serious way. What I suspect is that their nuclear ambitions are not going to be used for belligerency, merely as a protection so that they can consolidate power and become more brutal against the students and democracy movement.

A_Wanderer said:
I don't think theres near enough time or political capital to make any move against Iran militarily unless the Mullahs started acting up in a serious way.

I agree and it's unfortunate all of that post 9/11 political capital was squandered by an overzealous need to dispose of a mere nuisance.

Sure we can "fix" Iraq, but are we going to be able to do anything else? I say we, meaning the West.

I saw chance for real reform in the post 9/11 world prior to Iraq. And for everything positive coming about by the war, it seems there are as many and more negatives coming back our way.
Hopefully if anything, Iraq becomes a shining western democratic success and if nothing else a role model for the youth of the ME. Will it be enough to fight against the backlash? I wish to be optimistic.

Hey Finance Guy--(and everyone)--see my post in the Impeachment Tour thread. (( I found this thread from there.)I have some interesting statistics. Let's see how long we can afford this, with a bourgeoning China funding this little shindig, and eager for oil. Wait until we piss them off too much, and they decide to drop the dollar altogether. No more 60 bil a year at the snap of a finger, and our economy would collapse.

Have you guys seen the new "China and India" Double issue of Businessweek yet? It should be required reading for EVERYONE. RUN< don't walk, and hunt this down from whatever store you can find. It's almost 150 pages devoted to this one topic. Sobering stuff, and this is a moderatley right-leaning mag. They're the best of their kind out there. After reading this, it's ONSCENE what we are doing about this...NOTHING!!!!!!! What are we talking about? whether to teach Darwin's theory of evolution in our schools!

I'm not worried. IN the end, it's the U.S. public who will be screaming for an end to this. Unfortunaterly, the Axis Of Liars will not go quietly. THis is going to be VERY painful....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom