Three Long Island High School Football Players Sexually Assaulted by Teammates - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2003, 01:45 AM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Three Long Island High School Football Players Sexually Assaulted by Teammates

Two of the Mepham High School football players allegedly sexually assaulted by older teammates at a weeklong training camp were attacked three separate times during the trip, with one suffering injuries serious enough to require surgery, a source close to one victim said Monday.

A third boy was attacked once, when he happened to pass by a bunk during one of the brutal hazing rites, the source said.

The three boys, junior varsity players at the Bellmore school, allegedly were sodomized with broomsticks, golf balls and pine cones, the source said.

The attacks, witnessed by at least three other junior varsity players, took place during a preseason camp in Pennsylvania last month. About 60 varsity and junior varsity teams players, accompanied by five coaches, attended the session at Camp Wayne in Preston Park, Pa.

The source said that the three varsity players accused in the attacks threatened the victims and witnesses if they told.

The boys were "absolutely terrified," the source said.

The victims told their parents only after one of them continued bleeding several days after the attacks. The victims' parents reported the incidents to school officials and the Pennsylvania state police, who are conducting separate investigations into the allegations.

Several varsity players said last week that word of the attacks spread quickly through the camp, but no one told their coaches. The players said they thought they could handle it themselves by changing some players' bunk assignments on their own.

Players slept six to a cabin during the camp, but it is unclear if varsity and junior varsity players shared the same cabins.

The school district has suspended three varsity players, ages 15, 16 and 17, who were implicated in the attacks. The boys remain in school, however, pending the outcome of the district's investigation.

Meanwhile, Bellmore-Merrick Superintendent Thomas Caramore said the district is considering disciplinary action against the team, which could include canceling the season.

Right now, the Mepham Pirates are scheduled to open their season on Saturday against Franklin Square's Carey High School.

"Those are decisions we're going to make over the next few days," Caramore said.

School officials have said they have yet to persuade any witnesses or victims to submit written statements, which they say are necessary to suspend the alleged attackers from school.

"We're going to continue to talk to players," Caramore said. "Our investigation remains ongoing."

Two Pennsylvania state troopers spent two days on Long Island last week investigating the allegations. No charges have been filed and Wayne County, Pa., District Attorney Mark Zimmer, whose jurisdiction includes Preston Park, said the police investigation is "nowhere near complete."

Old 09-16-2003, 02:12 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:00 PM
holy crap

as i've said before, i will never understand people. ever

Old 09-16-2003, 07:46 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ILuvLarryMullen

as i've said before, i will never understand people. ever
Neither will I

That's horrible beyond words I can't believe any human being would want to degrade another human being like that
Old 09-16-2003, 08:00 AM   #4
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:00 PM
How disgusting. I hope the boys and their parents take it beyond the school.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:43 AM   #5
New Yorker

That is really horrible. I can't imagine the pain and humiliation the victims are suffering.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:41 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Sick. Absolutely sick.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:54 AM   #7
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
School officials have said they have yet to persuade any witnesses or victims to submit written statements, which they say are necessary to suspend the alleged attackers from school.

Do they not comprehend how devastating this kind of assault is on a teenage boy? Of course they won't provide a written statement.

You would think their verbal accounts alone would be enough to get the sick bastards suspended at the very least.

Its bad enough that our girls aren't safe in this world but now we have to worry about sending our boys away to football camp????
Old 09-16-2003, 11:01 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:00 AM
How horrible!! Disgusting!!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:42 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:00 AM
If that happened to one of my kids - there would be some tracking down and beating down of the ones who did it.

Old 09-16-2003, 11:48 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

football players. jerks.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:50 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:00 PM
what is wrong with the world?? Where is this okay? what makes these 15, 16 and 17 year olds think they can do stuff like this??
Old 09-16-2003, 11:56 AM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

The last thing in the WORLD i want to do is insert things into another mans rectum. These kids do it for fun? GO TEAM!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:57 AM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:00 PM
This and the girls "hazing" incident that occured at the powder puff game awhile back just makes me wonder where these kids get so much rage and hatred...it's been said before in another thread but if this nation is going to fall, it will be brought down from within.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:07 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Rage, hatred, or the need to feel in power. The errosion within is well underway.