Thoughts on Poisoned Russia Spy....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Any thoughts on this?

AS many regulars know I am a Kennedy Assasination buff....And I bumped into a thread in an assasination forum that picked up on this story. Basically, what they describe here is almost EXACTLY the fate Jack Ruby suffered while in jail for killing Oswald. I do not want it to go off into that direction in here though, but I am wondering what people around the world think of this situation. Did the russian gov't or offshoot of the KGB do this to the man?

Any thoughts? Mostly 'it's terrible'.

I'm truly scared about what's going on in Russia. I wouldn't put it past the Russian mafia, KGB-of-Chrismas-past, or Putin's brutal henchmen.

I believe it was the government that did it. They got scared because he was snooping around and probably found some crazy information regarding the killing of that journalist.

I'm not familiar with this story. Did a journalist recently get killed in Russia? Did he or she write something bad about the government?

A Russian journalist got called some months ago.

Now a former Russian spy got killed. He was known as a critic of Putin, was in English asylum and investigated in the murder of the journalis, Anna Politkowskaja (sorry, don't know the English spelling).
In 1998 he and some other spies (he first worked for the KGB, later for the FSB, told the press that they got order to kill a Russian billionaire who then was quite powerful in the Russian politics.

Litwinenko was the only one not hiding his face, so he was put into prison but could escape to England in 2000. He also wrote a book stating that the FSB arranged some bombings on houses in Moskow to give reasons for a new war in Chechenia, which also happened.

I think it rather was a Russian spy who poisoned him, only question is if it was ordered by Putin or someone else or if he did it on own account.
I'm not sure about it because my knowledge about all this isn't deep enough.

coemgen said:
It's totally the government. Didn't the spy even say something about that before he died?

Yes, he wrote a last statement two days ago saying Putin and his government is behind this. It was made public today. He and his friends also stated that before, and it's not totally out of the blue I think.

Any one see the guy who was shouting out at the press conference given by the medics?

Seemed to be another Russian/former Soviet block guy worried for his life.

i don't know much about the case , however , as i understand this fella made lots and lots of enemies , while working as FSB ( ex KGB ) anti-corruption officer + he went from one camp to another , i think it was a group of exKGB people who have criminal and business ties . why kremlin would do a thing like that , makes no sence , bad press , and all of that . the case is like a spy novel , too much is unknown , i feel sorry for him and his family , prayers and thoughts

:(

Authorities are discovering radiation in multiple locations in Britain with traces of polonium-210.

A couple of planes in Britain and one in Russia are being examined for radiation.

Regardless of this particular incident, Russia has a long way to go politically and socially. There are so many problems and Putin is not a nice guy. They have repressed the media, it is one of the most dangerous places in the world for journalists to work.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/11/30/radiation-uk.html

Last edited:
Russia is going backwards in terms of political freedoms, the state is encroaching and dissidents are winding up dead.

there never was any real communism in the ussr
and all those " bold " statements without any real info
what else can you say
boo

The Russians may have been involved.

Governments kill people they have problems with everyday.

This seems so sloppy.

They could have declared him an enemy combatant
and picked him up and thrown him in some prison for years without charging him.

If he was located where they could control events,
they could have had him die from a heart ailment
and then cremate the remains within 48 hours.

There are better ways for governments
to take care of people they don't want stirring things up,
that's for sure.

deep said:
There are better ways for governments
to take care of people they don't want stirring things up,
that's for sure.

yes. we should just leave it up to the President's discretion.

if he feels as if you might be a potential risk to national security, even if you are an American citizen, you can now be picked up, packed up, shipped out, and land in Guantanamo (or, say, Egypt) without any due process.

and your Senators voted for this.

including McCain. who folded like a chair.

No country was ever that kind of communistic originally thought of.

And there will never be one.

As has been said, I think it was the Russian gov't, and I really don't like the way things have been going in St. Petersburg. The last thing westerners need is a revival of the Cold War as well as continuing the broader War on Terror.

I am having a hard time believing such things still go on in this day and age, people get away with it and no one cares!

I bet the guy who poisoned him died too, and didn't even know he was in danger, and Putin didn't care.

Interesting to note the lack of interest in this thread.

Posters who write dozens of posts a week on Islamic terror have nothing to say about this case of a Muslim convert possibly been assassinated by state terrorists.

Remarkable. Just remarkable.

Back
Top Bottom