Those Awful Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How can I even begin to compete with Phantom of the Opera dude. I am not even scarred and I am too tall and Australian :yikes: :sexywink:

I do not want the papers to run the pictures, but I would hope that the bastards (I tell you now that I consider using the word that rhymes with brunt) are brought to justice and that we can wake up to the sickness that resides in the UN.

Last edited:
this seems to be an ongoing problem with foreign/UN troops in war torn countries, but only rarely do the stories come to the general public's attention.

certain members of the UN peacekeeping forces in bosnia were found to be involved in sex trafficking, both as costumers and as profiteers. the UN is willing to go to great lengths to keep these dirty little secrets under wraps.

http://www.rense.com/general28/dyn.htm

Oh, I didn't realize the link was to a news article. I thought there was actually going to be pictures and I didn't want to click on them and view something I'd rather not ever visualize.

This is disgusting.

babyman said:
how is this still possible....i don't know where this world is heading to

This world is headed straight to Hell. And scumbags like this are greasing the skids. :mad:

I hope the perps get the maximum penalty. And that pedophile :censored: should be hanged. There is no excuse whatsoever for this.

awful article...

Power abuse, yes, that's one of the problems.
it's not only in "common troops" but also in the ones you expect to have high moral value.

Another occasion lost to do something good.
I just can't imagine what the kids will have to deal with in their future...

Why isn't it possible to teach the soldiers not only how to fight, but also how to respect human rights?

why people seem not to have anything to stop them from doing awful acts?
There aren't any justification to this, especially when kids are involved!

Sue DeNym said:
And that :censored: should be hanged. There is no excuse whatsoever for this.

Yeah, hanged by their you-know-whats.

ography and sex trafficking makes me sick.

Cunts, I apologise but it is the harshest thing that I can come up with to describe these monsters.
UN imposes sex ban

11feb05

NEW YORK -- UN peacekeepers have been banned from all sex with the local population in Congo because of widespread, continuing abuse of women and girls. UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan disclosed the new "non-fraternisation" regulations in a letter to the UN Security Council in which he called for 100 extra police and French-speaking investigators to "root out" the abuse and prevent further sexual exploitation.

In the past year the UN investigated 150 allegations against 50 soldiers of sexual exploitation of women and girls.

Children as young as 12 or 13 were bribed with eggs, milk or a few dollars in exchange for sex, UN reports said.

The new measures were introduced last week by US diplomat William Swing, head of the UN Mission in Democratic Republic of the Congo.

The rules would apply only to Congo, the largest of the 16 UN peacekeeping missions around the world, UN spokesman Ari Gaitanis said.

UN regulations for soldiers usually forbid sex with anyone under 18 and forced prostitution. But often officials found there was a fine line between forced and willing sex. REUTERS
link

Interesting side note, only 8 of the 85 fims implicated in illegal exploitation in the Congo are American

http://www.globalpolicy.org/socecon/tncs/2003/1028congoprofit.htm

Africa + UN Intervention + Little US government and corparate involvement + sex scandal involving the rape and "forced prostituion" of over 100 Congolese women, many under 18 by UN officials = essential non-story for the world media.

The UN is out of control and I think it needs to be shut down. They seem to cause more problems instead of solving them.
The people who run the UN are paid by taxes and continue to collect big paychecks for substandard work.

Back
Top Bottom