This will probably "bug you": People stuck in London so hotels triple their prices...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beau2ifulday said:

E-bay allowed the sale of WTC debris, but agreed to not allow sales of Live 8 tickets?

Right.

eBay pulled the auctions down but people initially put the stuff up there.

I'd second that, BVS.

Anywho, yeah, that is dumb. If I ran a hotel, I would just let people come in...forget the payment for now, they need a place to stay and collect themselves. Especially if it's a popular hotel that isn't exactly suffering in regards to business.

Angela

Some people will never help out their fellow humans as long as there is more $ to be made

What a sad commentary.. hopefully there will be stories coming out about good and generous people

After the LA riots and the Northridge earthquake in California, some convenience stores were charging up to $10 for a gallon of milk or bottled water. :|

If you live in London, think about opening up your home to a stranded person for a night.

If you operate one of these price-gouging hotels, think about donating the profits of your usury to the victims' families and to the repair effort.

One of my friends who lives in central London was telling me that people started wandering around selling bottles of water to the injured, for £5 or more. It's vile beyond belief.

Speaking as a business manager and a decent human being (as, of course, many, many other people here are too): that sort of behaviour is abhorrent. :madspit:

If you operate one of these price-gouging hotels, think about donating the profits of your usury to the victims' families and to the repair effort.

Absolutely. :up:

I just watched "Hotel Rwanda" last weekend. This story marks quite a contrast to the ethos of helping one's fellow man that was so eloquently potrayed in that film. Maybe those "poor Africans" have some morals we civilized Westerners could learn from.

Yeah, I know about supply and demand.......

I think some of those hotel owners are demanding a foot up their @$$

hahaha

------

sorry, I'm tired.

I have a have a low tolerance for injustice, even if that doesn't come across seriously from this post. I'm sure London will be able to rise above it all, though.

In Arlington awhile back, we had a power outage that knocked out parts of the town for several days.

The hotel I work at actually lowered its rates to help out the people without a powered-up place to sleep.

All hotels should do this.

inmyplace13 said:
In Arlington awhile back, we had a power outage that knocked out parts of the town for several days.

The hotel I work at actually lowered its rates to help out the people without a powered-up place to sleep.

Is this a chain hotel, or a small place, they should be commended
:applaud:

inmyplace13 said:

:applaud: Good to see that there are so many decent folk out there... it's easy to forget at times like this.

inmyplace13 said:

:up:

I know just about all of the airlines offered waivers to travelers going to and/or from London the week of the bombings (allwoing passenger with tickets to change their travel dates without charge).

If enough people boycotted these hotels, a message would be sent. But not enough people will. So there will be no social accountability. No accountability and the practice will continue. We accept too much.

Then again, I'm not so high and mighty when my ideals interfere with my convenience, so I'm a fine one to talk.

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom