This makes my BLOOD BOIL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
Man Kills Dog Because of Name, Felony
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ap/0305/25_02_kills_dog.html

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. (AP) — A man has been charged with killing his family's dog with two pickaxes because its name — Felony — reminded him he had recently been charged with a felony.

Kenneth James Watkins, 22, was charged Wednesday with a felony count of animal cruelty for killing the 11-year-old black and white border collie on Tuesday.

Watkins told his family and a neighbor what he had done, said Berkeley County Sheriffs Deputy Terry S. Shetley. An aunt kicked Watkins out of the house and called police. Watkins' brother showed deputies a sign over the dog's fresh grave in the yard that said, "Don't Kill No More Dogs."

Watkins is being held in the Eastern Regional Jail on $20,000 bond.

On Feb. 17, he was charged with a felony count of grand larceny in connection with the theft of a pickup truck, according to court records. He was released on bail Feb. 2

WTF?!

If this had been printed next week, I would have assumed that it was some sicko's idea of an April Fool article.

I wanted to ascertain the tone of your comment because I was curious as to which angle you meant that from. Makes sense, put into context... I didn't want to assume that you were saying something else and overreact.

Last edited:
That is definately a person with a problem. I hope he gets a big, mean cellmate who's favorite dog was a Border Collie.

If he can do that to a dog simply for having a name he didn't like just think what he could do to a person who irritated him.

nbcrusader said:
Which story will generate more outrage??? Schaivo or Felony???

I was wondering when you would weigh in with that comment.

yeah, i think the schiavo comparison was way, way, way off base.

unless you're making a point about the sensationalistic nature of both stories.

Back
Top Bottom