THIS is why Robert Kennedy is my hero.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A_Wanderer said:
You never achieve it, thats the point, the only way that any semblance of them can exist is if society is constantly pushing to reach them ~ if not then it will get caught in the flow of corruption and despotism. Which I think that some could very well argue is what is happening today. It may also be that such times are exactly the kick up the arse that a nation needs to wake up to the problems and get back on track ~ it is how such a political system self-corrects and a big part of the reason the US has never fallen all the way into the abyss.

We've had some "big misses", such as the McCarthy period, when anyone to the left of Atila the Hun had their patriotism questioned. That sort of crud is happening again, too. We got over McCarthy, we'll get over this crowd.

I took my 4th graders there on a field trip. I could not bring them up into the archives. Somewhere in my attick I have a photo-copy of a note from Bobby to JFK about the Alliance for Progress. I did my senior thesis on it in college.

U2democrat said:
:applaud:

That is SO cool, Dread. Maybe I could do a thesis on Bobby...:hmm:

If you need to do a project using primary sources...it is a great place to start.

Again, Mrs. Dread and I, and I am sure Mrs. Springsteen would want to tour it with you!

Peace

Back
Top Bottom