This is what happens when you release Guantanamo Bay prisoners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
:mad:

Pro-Al Qaeda tribal leader Ahmad Mehsod, who has owned responsibility for abducting two Chinese engineers, has been making appearances before the media in the tribal Waziristan agency and telephoning newspersons in Peshwar by satellite phones to outline his demands.

Mehsod was released from US detention centre in Guantanamo Bay a few months ago.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Which just goes to show that getting intel on these guys is a hell of a lot harder than it seems. For every innocent man there may be a dangerous one. For every 100 there may be a serious threat. If I was given the choice between locking up 500 men (principally the foreign ones) captured in Afghanistan after 2001 or releasing all those of whom I lacked full intelligence on and risk an attack or harm to innocent people I would be inclined to keep them in detention. It is a very difficult question and the situation requires full and proper oversight - just be careful when your government begins to speak of targeted internment.

I said all along, they were there for good reason, maybe nothing that could be proven in an American style hometown trial, but they were not there for nothing. I am sorry to hear this:(

U2Kitten said:
I said all along, they were there for good reason, maybe nothing that could be proven in an American style hometown trial, but they were not there for nothing. I am sorry to hear this:(

your rationale is frightening. your willingness to extend an alleged truth to be generally applicable to a large and diverse group is troubling.

Even God decided to NOT destroy a city because there was one righteous person living in the city.

Did Guantanamo create this terrorist?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

kobayashi said:

your rationale is frightening. your willingness to extend an alleged truth to be generally applicable to a large and diverse group is troubling.

Not nearly as troubling as your attitude. No 'large and diverse group' was in there, only ones with suspicions on them, and this proves it. Sorry, I'd rather be safe than sorry. These are no neighborhood vandals here, they're dangerous.

Nothing is more troubling than what happened to those Chinese guys because he was set free, probably because of a bunch of flowery eyed whiners.

I've said it before, there is reason to hold them, but when the only witnesses are their own brethren who'd rather die than rat them out there's no chance you're going to convict them in a US style trial. This is a different situation and calls for a different way of dealing with things. It makes me literally ill people pity these fuckers more than their potential victims.

However I'm up to my ass in hot water now as it is, so I'm going now.

Last edited:
my attitude of respecting humans?

U2Kitten said:

Not nearly as troubling as your attitude. No 'large and diverse group' was in there, only ones with suspicions on them, and this proves it. Sorry, I'd rather be safe than sorry. These are no neighborhood vandals here, they're dangerous.

Nothing is more troubling than what happened to those Chinese guys because he was set free, probably because of a bunch of flowery eyed whiners.

I've said it before, there is reason to hold them, but when the only witnesses are their own brethren who'd rather die than rat them out there's no chance you're going to convict them in a US style trial. This is a different situation and calls for a different way of dealing with things. It makes me literally ill people pity these fuckers more than their potential victims.

i dont have time to do all sorts of research but there are innocents at guantamo bay. people who are innocent by any standards-not just those of 'flowery eyed whiners' (if you are referring to me as such, well, there is a first time for everything:)).

i guess its whatever we choose to believe...

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:
Even God decided to NOT destroy a city because there was one righteous person living in the city.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

sounds

like questions i might ask.

Dreadsox said:

:up: :up:

Interesting morale question to the hardliner fraction:
How many innocent people do we think are tolerable to imprison in guantamo bay per person?
Would this number be different if friends of you or your children would be there?

Some people here only see 2 options, either imprisoning them with no rights, maybee torture would be ok too and the other option is letting them go.
What kind of legal system are you used to that you don't think it can't handle terrorists?

Back
Top Bottom