This is simply awful. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2002, 01:09 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 12:14 PM
This is simply awful.

I read in the newspaper yesterday about an atrocious event that happened in Pakistan, last June. An 11 year old boy was seen walking in his village (without a chaperone)accompanied by a girl who was from a superior tribe than him, the Mastoi. The Mastoi tribe was outraged that this boy would dare be seen with someone who was from a superior caste and decided that a punishment was needed. They decided that his older 18 year old sister, Mukhtiar Mai, should be the one who had the be the victim of all of this, and decided that she would be gang raped by 4 men in front of the whole village. Mai pleaded to her assailants to let her go, saying that she had spent years teaching the Coran to the village's children but she couldn't escape. While she was gang raped the villagers were cheering. After this was over she had to go back to her home, naked while people were throwing insults at her. There has been 22 gang rapes this year in this Pakistani region of Punjab all in the name of "honor".

The Pakistani government was outraged and the president in charge of the "Women's development program" gave Mai a 1500$ cheque..(like this would make her all forget), and the Supreme Court are now planning on punishing those tribal "juries" that operate outside of the judiciary system....What took them so long?

Old 07-07-2002, 01:22 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:14 AM

Sial betul.

foray

Old 07-07-2002, 01:36 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

why oh why must women suffer for "crimes" that aren't crimes and which they didn't committ? men can be such animals. Castration wouldn't be good enough punishment.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:25 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
why oh why must women suffer for "crimes" that aren't crimes and which they didn't committ? men can be such animals. Castration wouldn't be good enough punishment.

Thats ferocious and VERY wrong!!!!
Old 07-07-2002, 03:24 PM   #5
Refugee

fucking retards

shit like that makes me angry.

those man should have a hot rod shoved up their arses....and then...throw their bodies to the lions.

Old 07-07-2002, 04:14 PM   #6
Banned

Local Time: 09:14 AM
Why does this not surprise me?

And people wonder why I think we should proceed with the cloning of humans until this is our only means of reproduction, causing the male species to become obsolete and eventually die out.

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

^^ Life's a bitch, so i became one ^^
Old 07-07-2002, 04:27 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:14 AM
fucking retards indeed

i am absolutely speechless about this.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:42 PM   #8
Refugee

They should be hung by their testicles. Or they should be f***ed in the ass in front of a cheering crowd.

This type of humiliation to women goes on in many more countries and is much more current than I thought...
Old 07-07-2002, 09:36 PM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 05:14 PM
As horrible as that event was, it was pretty tame compared to what happens to women in many countries in Africa, the middle East, India and Asia.

Women are routinely murdered and maimed at the hands of their husbands, fathers or borthers in many places to save face for family "honour".

And haven't you heard of female castration? Happens to young girls and women in some African countries as commonly as Jewish boys are circumcized.

Ok, my blood pressure is up, I'm off to lurk in PLEBA to calm down.....
Old 07-08-2002, 01:28 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:14 AM
Well, the thing about female genital mutilation is that it's a coming-of-age pride thing. Some females in Africa actually claim that the more people protest against it, the more they want to do it.

foray
Old 07-08-2002, 09:51 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by AliEnvy
As horrible as that event was, it was pretty tame compared to what happens to women in many countries in Africa, the middle East, India and Asia.

Women are routinely murdered and maimed at the hands of their husbands, fathers or borthers in many places to save face for family "honour".

And haven't you heard of female castration? Happens to young girls and women in some African countries as commonly as Jewish boys are circumcized.

Ok, my blood pressure is up, I'm off to lurk in PLEBA to calm down.....
you must be drunk.. no point in dragging other countries..the root cause of these evils are the same as root cause of 9/11..i bet u dont know what "pretty tame" means do you ?
Old 07-08-2002, 10:21 AM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan
you must be drunk.. no point in dragging other countries..the root cause of these evils are the same as root cause of 9/11..i bet u dont know what "pretty tame" means do you ?
What are you smoking man??? LMFAO...pass it over...
Old 07-08-2002, 10:41 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I dont smoke , go and read the Thread in which I said that couple of days ago
Old 07-08-2002, 10:45 AM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:14 AM
This is horrible! Im totally disgusted with how some people treat other people. It makes me very angry that things like this happen to innocent people!
Old 07-08-2002, 11:10 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by foray
Well, the thing about female genital mutilation is that it's a coming-of-age pride thing. Some females in Africa actually claim that the more people protest against it, the more they want to do it.

foray
While I am not one to critize another culture's beliefs, I do have a concern with this. Mainly the concern is that the practice itself is unsafe a lot of times. The use of dirty instruments and unsanitary conditions, people have died from infections simply because they did not use a sterilized knife, or take care of the "wound."

:attn:This is not to say that I agree with a young woman being forced against her will to have this "procedure" done. :attn:

While as a woman I am disgusted by the idea of gential mutilation, it is not my place to put down someone else's belief system. I think that if someone wants to do this more power to them, however, the way in which it is sometimes done can be deadly.