This is bigger than all your petty politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
The Huygens probe on Cassini is going to be decending onto the surface of Titan. Just consider the distance that this probe has travelled (average of around 1,350,000,000km) and consider what it may discover about this hazy moon. I am just a real sucker for space. If we could have a world where hundreds of billions of dollars was spent understanding our universe and pioneering the next generation of propulsion technologies I would be a very, very happy man.

61428main_pia05413-516.jpg

http://space.com/missionlaunches/huygens_descent_comm_050114.html

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/main/index.html

Last edited:
Petty politics is the useless bickering of a few billion insane apes when compared to the sheer complexity and wonder in our universe. Exploring and understanding mysteries it is what drives humanity.

A_Wanderer said:
Petty politics is the useless bickering of a few billion insane apes when compared to the sheer complexity and wonder in our universe. Exploring and understanding mysteries it is what drives humanity.
:yes:

Until someone shows me it's going to end war, hunger or anything vital to this planet right now then I have to continue saying "who cares"?

The space industry does provide many jobs for scientists and other people. One of the astronauts who was killed in the 2003 disaster was a woman from India. They started a scholarship in India for girls to study science and hopefully became astronauts just like her. Many girls have signed up to study for this. I think this is really cool.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Until someone shows me it's going to end war, hunger or anything vital to this planet right now then I have to continue saying "who cares"?

:shrug:

Some things transcend the here and right now. And besides, we have enough resources left over to end war and hunger right now if we really wanted to. We lack the will a lot more than we lack the way, and shooting a few billion dollars into space isn't going to change that.

A wanderer are you a DS9 fan *looks at your signature,, hmm looks very much like a certain Ferengi quote:wink:

annj said:
A wanderer are you a DS9 fan *looks at your signature,, hmm looks very much like a certain Ferengi quote:wink:
I must confess that I am often a slave to the laws of aquisition in matters of negotiation.

But alas my understanding of general relativity forbids me from dreaming of superluminal travel :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom