This is a one lady who women should pattern themselves after.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Strong.
Sensible.
In shape.
Bright.
Protective.
Clear thinking.

And still a lady in the midst of a hostile situation.

You go Derdre Rodriguez.:up:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/former-boxer-beats-burglar/848324353

Cedar Rapids woman bags burglar with ice scraper
Associated Press
4:39 PM CDT, April 8, 2008

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Cedar Rapids police say a woman chased down a burglar, bagged him with an ice scraper and then made him pick up the stolen loot he dropped when he fled.

Police were called to Derdre Rodriguez's home on Monday where they found her holding 16-year-old Jake Merfeld at bay with the ice scraper.

She told officers that when she came home, she heard someone jump out of a back window. She saw the teen running across the yard, carrying jewelry, cell phones and a video game.

Rodriguez chased the suspect, who started dropping the items. When she caught him, she hit him on top of the head with the ice scraper and he surrendered. Rodriguez made Merfeld pick up the property he dropped when he tried to escape.

Merfeld, who was treated for a cut on his head, faces a second-degree burglary charge.
-------

Irvine511 said:
if she's so great, perhaps many men should pattern themselves after her as well.

Good point.

More men should.

Now that the burglar was a minor male of 16 years old, how soon do you want to bet someone here in FYM will claim she was "abusing a minor" and had no right do "take the law into her own hands"?

yada
yada
yada

:wink:

Actually chasing and confronting a fleeing criminal is not generally well-advised. It's nice when it works out well for the victim, but in most cases you're taking a foolish risk.

yolland said:
Actually chasing and confronting a fleeing criminal is not generally well-advised. It's nice when it works out well for the victim, but in most cases you're taking a foolish risk.

Generally speaking yes.

However I'm down with Derdre on this one.

Being that she's an intelligent woman and not a meshungina, it wasn't a kakameyme idea.

It was a real good chochmeh, based on her wise thinking-one must surmise.

<>
;)

Chasing down a burglar for some video games and jewelry isn't really the best example of "sensible" and "clear thinking." She's lucky she wasn't hurt or even killed.

apparently you girls didn't or you're too proud that daddy diamond is right again.

:angry:

Strong.
Silly.
In shape.
Stupid.
Protective.

Are the words i'd use to describe her.

For all she knew he could of had a gun or a knife and might not of been afraid to use them. Unless he stole the crown jewels , risking your life for the sake of a few belongings really isnt worth it.

diamond said:
baw and pop angel-

did u watch the video?

<>

I did watch the video, twice. And my opinion hasn't changed.

In her own words:

I was so angry I wanted to throw something at him

That is not sensible clear thinking, that is impulsive, angry thinking, the type that gets people hurt and/or killed. Material possessions can be replaced and are just not worth risking your life over.

As a firm believer of womanhood, I believe you're selling womanhood short.
And I know a great many things, being a salesman and all and an expert on all the womens.

<>

diamond approved

ann_romney180.jpg

diamond said:
As a firm believer of womanhood, I believe you're selling womanhood short.
And I know a great many things, being a salesman and all and an expert on all the womens.

<>

If your wife were in that position, would you want her to go after the burglar? I mean, so that she could be a shining example of womanhood, and all.

It's a commonly held fact in these parts that I'm the resident expert on all things women.

Women
Girls
Ladies

all those of the superior gender seek my counsel and wisdom usually in secret but sometimes via diamondtelepathy..

Have no worries gals I'm here for you, no need to seek erroneous information from dubious sources.

:hug:

<>

diamond said:

<>

Did I just read that? :yikes:

I'm sorry dbs, I really can't see you as an expert on... on.... well on anything. :|

diamond said:
It's a commonly held fact in these parts that I'm the resident expert on all things women.

Women
Girls
Ladies

all those of the superior gender seek my counsel and wisdom usually in secret but sometimes via diamondtelepathy..

Have no worries gals I'm here for you, no need to seek erroneous information from dubious sources.

:hug:

<>

I'm telling you, dbs, you should give standup a shot. :wink:

Lila64 said:

Did I just read that? :yikes:

I'm sorry dbs, I really can't see you as an expert on... on.... well on anything. :|

Cheer up what's with the :| face?

Reread the sentence: "I'm an expert on all the womens" .

Most mortals giggle at the stupidity of that statement, let alone the atrocious grammar.

Have you smiled yet today Lila?
You should because you have a great smile.:)

I'm an expert in the department of government issued smiles.:angry:

<>

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

If your wife were in that position, would you want her to go after the burglar? I mean, so that she could be a shining example of womanhood, and all.

No.
She only weighs 99lbs and hasn't been a semi pro boxer.

She is better at other indoor sports I hear.

:wink:

<>

diamond said:

For the past few days, I've been reading some internet craziness from a specific fandom where a couple of people have claimed (and they seem completely earnest, like they really believe this!) that they're married to a fictional character on an astral plane.

Perhaps this is where diamond's counselling to women takes place, on some astral plane? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom