"They killed Kenny! You bastards!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Reports: Enron's Ken Lay Dies Of Massive Heart Attack

POSTED: 10:04 am EDT July 5, 2006

HOUSTON -- Former Enron Corp. chairman Ken Lay died of a massive heart attack, according to broadcast reports.

Houston TV station KPRC and CNN both reported that Lay's death was confirmed Wednesday.

Lay, 64, was admitted to the Aspen Valley Hospital overnight with a massive coronary, according to KPRC.

Doctors said his heart simply "gave out" and the death was unexpected.

Lay was found guilty on May 25 on six counts of conspiracy to commit securities and wire fraud in a case born from one of the biggest business scandals in U.S. history.

He was to be sentenced on Sept. 11.

God must have recently received the memo on this guy and took action.

perhaps he's now facing REAL justice.
In any case, he's dead and, as all dead people, we should show some respects..

My friend called me with the conspiracy theory - that Lay's either off on some island or Cheney had him rubbed out. Not sure if she heard that on Air America or not - I do know she said J.Garofalo called in - that may have been her conspiracy theory.

If Skilling kicks between now and October, we got ourselves a conspiracy :shifty:

:shifty:

A ripe set of facts for the conspiracy theorists out there! I one thinks there is more out there to this story, perhaps we should look at the beneficiaries of Ken Lay’s death. Does the government benefit? No, the criminal conviction is likely void as Lay died before the matter was complete (even though convicted, he did not go in for sentencing – thus the case was incomplete and likely will be dismissed). This means the government will be unable to collect criminal fines levied against Lay. Does Jeffrey Skilling benefit? Not much as he is already convicted and awaiting his own sentencing. A last minute attempt to shift blame to Lay at the sentencing stage will be transparent. Does Lay’s family benefit? Tough question, but despite Ken’s death, the Lay family will be spared the criminal fines levied against Ken. What they will face, however, are civil cases which can be pursued against the estate.

Justin24 said:
God must have recently received the memo on this guy and took action.

Do you really believe that?

God didn't take any action, God is not vengeful or vindictive. Ken Lay used his own free will to do what he did, and maybe the stress of the consequences of that contributed to his early death. Sad situation all around. Greed often leads to sadness and misery.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/12/news/newsmakers/lay.reut/index.htm?section=cnn_topstories

The Reverend Dr. Bill Lawson compared Lay with civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. and Jesus Christ :eyebrow:, and said his name would eventually be cleared.

"He was taken out of the world right at the right time," he said. "History has a way of vindicating people who have been wronged."

Reverend Dr. William Lawson: "He reached out to touch many people from many backgrounds ... many economic levels ... that included minorities like me."

"Ken Lay was neither black nor poor, but I'm angry because Ken Lay was a victim of a lynching."

"The folks who don't like him have had their say. I'd like to have mine ... (Like Jesus Christ) he was crucified by a government that mistreated him."

MrsSpringsteen said:
"The folks who don't like him have had their say. I'd like to have mine ... (Like Jesus Christ) he was crucified by a government that mistreated him."

un. believable.

what a perfect display of contemporary Republicanism. la famiglia Republicana pays their respects to a loyal money-man, and grevious corporate crimes are absolved by the Christianist belief that if you're on our side, you are incapable of wrong.

Tony Soprano's funeral would probably be much the same.

I don't think I'm disrespecting him at all to point out that he was being compared to Jesus and Dr. King. I find that comparison disrespectful and offensive. If that's what you're saying nbc, of course I could be wrong about my interpretation and please correct me if I am.

Back
Top Bottom