They Finally Get Their Memorial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately, WWII vets are dying off rapidly - they are amazing people to talk to. They give you an incredible perspective on facing challenges and working through fear.

I think the design looks interesting from a distance, but close-up I'm not as impressed with it. It's hard to tell from just two photographs though, so perhaps I'll change my mind when I see more pictures of it. Although what it represents is a lot more important than the design.

I hope I get to see the memorial one day, I really loved looking at all the monuments/memorials in Washington when I visited. Hey, maybe we should have any FYM trip to DC. :wink: :D

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I hope I get to see the memorial one day, I really loved looking at all the monuments/memorials in Washington when I visited. Hey, maybe we should have any FYM trip to DC. :wink: :D

Maybe we should start out in a city that's not so political...:wink:

BonoVoxSupastar:
FYMers have to meet in a political overloaded place D.C. would be fine, alternatives: NY (Uno HQ), Baghdad, Berlin, Rome? :))

Washington would be nice, i'd love to go to the Smithsonian museums again.

---edited to add the folowing---
Of course Fizz is right:
Although what it represents is a lot more important than the design.

Last edited:
I was in DC last month and saw it but couldn't go in yet. It is big, bigger than I expected and indeed I do like the Vietnam Memorial better. But a nice memorial none the less.

I'm going to D.C. in October, I'll have to check this thing out. Yeah, let's have a FYM meeting! Maybe when U2 is playing someplace........

fah said:
Was there no memorial before this one for World War II veterans?

Not in D.C. Many towns have their own memorials, considering the large number of men and women who served and sacrificed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom