These ads are going to make me sick.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
031104blog_bushad.jpg

:|

Anyone see the subliminal back of the airplane?

[Q]One of his new ads now has drawn the ire of the Arab American Institute. James Zogby, the institute's president, suggested that Bush not run the commercial because it shows a picture of an olive-skinned man with bushy eyebrows above the phrase "Weaken Fight Against Terrorists"

"This is the very thing that the president warned against after 9-11. He was so wise to tell the country not to fall prey to the negative stereotypes that exploit fear," Zogby said. "Now the president seems to be doing what he warned against." [/Q]

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/03/11/politics0241EST0438.DTL

Dreadsox said:
bushy eyebrows

:wink:

On a serious note, I've always found American election ads utterly repulsive. It always seem they are more interested in making the opposing candidate look like a criminal/morron/etc than getting there own points across.

DrTeeth said:
:wink:

On a serious note, I've always found American election ads utterly repulsive. It always seem they are more interested in making the opposing candidate look like a criminal/morron/etc than getting there own points across. [/B]

I agree. That's my pet peeve about American presidential politics, and why I'm so totally fed up with politics by election day. We have eight months of this :censored: coming up. God help me. These commercials are really dumb. Most Arabs and Moslems supported Bush in 2000. This year many of them are singing a different tune. It's strange and interesting.

Last edited:
I agree about election ads being annoying. For god's sake, I don't care what you think about the opponent, I want to hear what you plan to do.

It reminds me of a cartoon I saw in the USA Today a while back. A guy was standing there, Kerry and Bush were in...tractors, I believe it was, and at the bottom, on a mudpile was the word "mudslinging". And the guy said, "Gentlemen, start your engines".

So true.

Angela

At least you people get to vote.

We in Canada have to see these ads just as much except without any real motivation to do anything about them.

martha said:

Be careful watching funny shows after surgery. It can be painful.

Funny part is...you and I are probably in the minority of having lived through the 70's ....and remember it.

but dread didn't you know that all liberals/democrats love osama :wink:? If they loved America they would support our great leader.

disclaimer: that was sarcasm people, and not meant to reflect the beliefs of any conservatives on this board.

I agree though, cos you av to fight fire with fire!!!:mad:
I know thats bad, we cant sit back and let these bougers blow us to bits, they av won other wise!!!

Nuck the lot of em!!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom