There’s An Inherent Fear In This Country Of Pictures Of Naked Men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is open discourse and that is fashion and what sells, voluptuous figures have been popular at various points in time in western society and I don't doubt that they will come around again.

I did see a paper suggesting that the preference for androgynous female models reflects latent desires for boys - something that the ancient Greeks would have related with, although the veracity of these claims deserve scrutiny.

Se7en said:

believe it or not there are already some of us who view objectification and fetishism to be problems within society. :sexywink:

I understand.

My point was that when something moves out of the realm of being a "woman's" problem and starts affecting men directly, it suddenly becomes a cause for concern. The examples that come to mind are domestic violence, condoms, and priest/rapists.

Until domestic violence spilled over and men were literally caught in a dangerous crossfire and wounded and killed by abusers (police answering calls), this problem was something of a joke to men.

When condoms became a way for straight men to avoid catching AIDS from prostitutes, and not just preventing pregnancy, (straight) men decided it was fine to advertise them on TV. Until that point, knocked up girls didn't merit allowable TV advertising.

When priests' abuse started becoming a problem for men, boy oh boy, we had to do soemthing about it.

Sure, I'm generalizing, but give it some thought.

Now, I ask again, where are the continuing pictures of men in their underpants? :angry:

Why deep, why? *goes to look at Joaquin pic a million times* I will try to find that online for those who haven't seen it. It is a masterpiece :D

I don't know what Jesus has to do w/ this, but whatever :shrug:

I don't know, I read an article the other day that discussed traditional romance novels becoming more explicit because that's what women wanted.

Maybe for women (speaking in generalities of course) what is left to the imagination is more appealing than everything being all out there. It is for me. Maybe men just don't have any imagination :wink:

And I was very disappointed in the George Clooney VF pic

Last edited:
I really don't want to see pictures of naked men in magazines. As a couple of the other posters said - there's nothing left to the imagination and I have a pretty active one :D

:D

:faint:

vanityfair0306_01.jpg

AliEnvy said:
Men's magazines :drool:

There are more partially clad hot male models per page in men's mags than any women's mag out there.

and guess what kind of men buy a good proportion of those men's magazines ... :sexywink:

and i'm sure there's more than a few straight men who happen to be able to appreciate a well proportioned, muscular physique. i don't see why there's such a fear of an appreciation for the male form as well as the female form -- the human body (can be) a beautiful thing, and simply because you find aesthetic qualities to admire in a male figure does not mean that you necessarily find them erotic as well.

i mean, some of us do, but, you know ...

and then there's probably the odd "straight" man who finds himself looking at Jude Law's happy trail a bit too closely, wondering, a bit too much for his own comfort, just what lies at the end of that trail ...

...the NANNY lmao.

Jude Law :drool:

Before the scandal I used to have dreams about being his kids' nanny! :ohmy:

Nothing like a good metrosexual man to make straight guys feel all squishy inside hehehe.

Well the guys in here won't post their pics so I have to settle for Joaquin :wink:

I had to illustrate my point *checks out pic again*..what was my point again? :D

Back
Top Bottom