There are some Sickos in the world - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 05-15-2003, 08:37 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:20 AM
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
kobayashi, when you were referencing gta 3, you did mean "more tame", not "less tame", right? I don't know how anything could be less tame than "postal 2".
you're right. i got myself all confuzzled.

im the candyman. and the candyman is back.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:02 AM   #17
Local Time: 05:20 AM
All right. People will play the game. Simple as that. But what we should be studying is why they are playing this game. Is it because they hate priests, unlikely. is it because they hate muslims, unlikely. Is it because they hate gays, unlikely. Is it fun to play and is a game that has sustainablility, most likely. if you are having fun killing gays or priests or moose and beavers its all the same. Its the playabliitly of the game. Sorry. I do agree it is horrible but what it most likely comes done to is the playablity of the game. If it is a poorly made game it will not sell. Even though it shouldnt be selling in the first place.

Old 05-16-2003, 05:25 AM   #18
Jesus Online
Local Time: 11:20 PM
That's probably true about the playability, but the point I think that is outraging so many people is the targetting of specific groups who have a tough enough time as it is in society. If its good old shooting and killing you want, what's wrong with Wolfenstein or Unreal? Even Carmageddon doesn't single out already victimised groups. I don't necessarily subscribe to the video game causes violence philosophy that much, but in the hands of a 16 year old boy who gets caught in the game's hype of targetting muslims or homosexuals or other, why feed something that may otherswise never fester? If I belonged to any of those groups, I'd be more than a little pissed that there exists a game where the sole purpose is to seek out and violently harm simply because they are this or that.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
Old 05-16-2003, 10:16 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:20 AM
To me, it doesn't matter WHAT innocent victim it is that the goal is to kill -gays, straights, whites, blacks, children, Christians, Jews, Muslims, whatever. Innocent people should not be the targets in any video game. I'm not sure how I feel about shooting games, but I do know that when innocent victims are the intended victims, it shouldn't be allowed. War games, like if you're shooting Nazis or something, that is a bit different. I'm not saying I necessarily condone those kind of games, cuz I just don't know. But this game is one hell of a sick concept and stores should refuse to carry it.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:18 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:20 AM
I agree with Melon.

This game is not going to promote violence against these people-people have commited violent acts against all the groups targeted long before this game was even around, this isn't gonna promote something that already happens.

It's probably not even gonna sell much anyway. Even if it was sold throughout most of the country, I think most people would stay away from it anyway simply because of the idiocy of it.

There are people in this country that have their prejudices against the groups of people that are targeted, but most of them would not actually want to physically hurt the groups of people.

I don't get why it was made, either, like I said, I think the game sounds stupid and is pointless, but...whatever.