There are F15s doing touch-and-gos over my house!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
That was fast!

We live by a naval reserve base, and now and again the weekend warriors practice flying and parachuting near us. This evening, several F-15s were practicing landing and taking off. They were flying full throttle about 800 feet over our roof!! It was loud, but I'm just a ten-year-old at heart anyway, so I love noisy jets. The day after the votes, and the jets start getting ready?

my parents house is located right under the flight path of an air force base here in Atlanta. When I was a kid I would hate hearing the jets fly over the house at 7AM. The noise of the jets would wake me up out of a deep sleep and scare the living daylights out of me. :scream: It is also lovely when helicopters fly over too, you would think the windows of the house were about to bust out of the frames.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
It is also lovely when helicopters fly over too, you would think the windows of the house were about to bust out of the frames.

I know the feeling, I live near a British Army base in Belfast and the idiots hover up there at all hours of the bloody night and day. For no apparent reason.

You too martha? a ten year old at heart?

I have lived all my life either to the north or the sdouth of a bombing practice range. F1 11's and now F 18's are a common sight here. Both places I have lived are their point for turning around.
"weekend warriors" I like that term. We used to say when we first heard them after a break...They have just got heir fuel allowance, they burn it up in a few days and we don't hear/see them again for a while.
I also have a regular airport not far to the south, so it can be the most exciting thing I see all day, the vapour trail of a jet heading north. I sometimes wave and say.."have fun..................you lucky bastards!!" j/k

So ya..I'd be excited too.
They used to fly low here, until my Amercian neighbours got on the phone and gave the commandant a blast..LOL. I didn't mind the windows rattling on occassion....don't get me started on the Roulettes:drool:
Hang on to your hat :wave:

Back
Top Bottom