"the worst scandal in American political history." - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2003, 01:29 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:21 AM
Dreadsox,

"Do me a favor, since you have invited me to not read your posts, please do not put words into my mouth or pretend to be able to read my mind. I will keep up my end of the deal."

"Thanks."

Do me a favor, if you do plan to read my posts, and read it carefully. I did not specifically refer to you anywhere in that posts despite using 3 word phrase that came from you.

Old 06-09-2003, 01:48 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

paxetaurora,

"I understand what you're saying, but we did not go to war in 1998. We went in 2003. And I want to know that Iraq had, and planned to use, WMDs in 2003 *when we attacked*."

The world knew that Iraq had the WMD at the end of 1998 when the inspectors were kicked out. Despite other intelligence, the UN has had no one physically on the ground up until November of 2002 to see if the WMD situation had changed since 1998. In the absence of any information that would show that the WMD that Saddam had in 1998 was destroyed or dismantled, one has to assume that he still had it until Saddam was able to prove otherwise. That is the central core of the administrations arguement.

When the inspectors arrived in November 2002 in Iraq, Saddam claimed that all the WMD he had in November of 1998 had been destroyed. Yet, he showed no evidence that it had been destroyed of which there would be a substantial amount. For example, destroying or dismantling 30,000 Chem/Bio capable shells would leave behind an incredible amount of metal. In any event, Saddam was required to hand over the material on the 1998 lists or show the dismantled and destroyed remains. Those were the only two options that Saddam had. He did neither.

Back in March 1991, Saddam was forced by the international community to give up his entire WMD program because based on his prior behavior and use of such WMD, it had been determined that it was a threat to the international community. He was required to give up the WMD and or verifiably dismantle and destroy it, or be in material breech and face the possibility of military action to bring about compliance.

Old 06-09-2003, 06:57 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
paxetaurora
STING2
FizzingWhizzbees
80sU2isBest
verte76

Do any of you believe that the Bush Administration may be sitting on the WMD?

Giving the opposition enough rope to hang themselves.
I think it could be possible that the Bush goverment already found the weapons of mass destruction. They wait to release the news just before the elections,....just a theory.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:57 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:21 PM
october surprise ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
I think it could be possible that the Bush goverment already found the weapons of mass destruction. They wait to release the news just before the elections,....just a theory.
It is my speculation, too.

They know exactly what they have and will choose to reveal it when it is most advantageous for them.

They manipulated the 2002 electron cycle to their advantage.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:23 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:21 PM
I don't think they've found any yet.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #51
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 03:21 AM
No matter wether they found them or not, i'm sure there will be some "We found something" bubbles shortly before the election.

Klaus
Old 06-10-2003, 02:59 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
No matter wether they found them or not, i'm sure there will be some "We found something" bubbles shortly before the election.

Klaus
Of course. I just wonder if things get too hot for Blair and he has to resign it will impact Bush at all? I don't know.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:28 AM   #53
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:21 PM
I find it close to impossible to believe that Bush would "guarantee" that the U.S. will "find" "WMD's" without Bush being absolutely sure that he is going to "find" "something." This administration will "find" "WMD's" because they have to "find" "WMD's."
Old 06-12-2003, 08:17 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler
I find it close to impossible to believe that Bush would "guarantee" that the U.S. will "find" "WMD's" without Bush being absolutely sure that he is going to "find" "something." This administration will "find" "WMD's" because they have to "find" "WMD's."
They will find something because it existed in 1988. However, I think, as Richard Butler pointed out last week, that they will find it was nowhere near as big a threat as we were led to believe.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:33 AM   #55
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:21 PM
Which is why I wrote on this forum during the time President Bush was making his case for war that I felt he was being utterly deceitful.

But this is all getting old, as far as I'm concerned. The results in Iraq so far haven't done anything to dissuade me from the beliefs I've had about the president's motives from day one, and I'm sure that holds true for many people. What can I do about it? Sit and simmer.........that's about it. And feel damn sorry for the American and allies' families who lost soldiers (actual men and women -- living beings -- who were horrifically killed) and the Iraqi families who also lost soldiers and civilians (some Iraqi citizen is brotherless today, another fatherless), with the entire tragedy being the result of a lie that President Bush and his advisors devised.

The really sad thing is, I no longer give a fuck.

P.S. Hi Dread.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:40 AM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler

The really sad thing is, I no longer give a fuck.

P.S. Hi Dread.

You really do....U just wish you didn't!
Old 06-13-2003, 02:38 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

pub crawler,

Where is your indisputable proof that President Bush lied about anything?
Old 06-13-2003, 02:44 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

STING,
where's your indisputable proof that Bush has never lied?

This is politics, there's rarely indisputable proof of anything.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

FizzingWhizzbees,

"where's your indisputable proof that Bush has never lied?"

I don't have anything nor does the President have any such proof. But in this situation, he does not need it.

In this situation, it is incumbent upon on those who allege such things to prove it.

Unless you have been proven guilty and are required to prove your innocence at a later date, you are always innocent until proven guilty.

I always gave President Clinton the benefit of the doubt despite being politically against some of his policies.

But go ahead, bring the claims and will see if they hold any water. So far there has only been speculation not even worthy of Oliver Stone.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:24 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

So it was incumbent on the USA to prove Saddam had illegal weapons then? After all, according to you, it's "incumbent upon those who allege such things to prove it."