The wife John McCain callously left behind - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:06 AM
The wife John McCain callously left behind

The wife John McCain callously left behind | Mail Online

Quote:
Ted Sampley, who fought with US Special Forces in Vietnam and is now a leading campaigner for veterans’ rights, said: ‘I have been following John McCain’s career for nearly 20 years. I know him personally. There is something wrong with this guy and let me tell you what it is – deceit.

‘When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her almost right away. Everybody around him knew it.

‘Eventually he met Cindy and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy. At that point McCain just dumped Carol for something he thought was better.

‘This is a guy who makes such a big deal about his character. He has no character. He is a fake. If there was any character in that first marriage, it all belonged to Carol.’

One old friend of the McCains said: ‘Carol always insists she is not bitter, but I think that’s a defence mechanism. She also feels deeply in his debt because in return for her agreement to a divorce, he promised to pay for her medical care for the rest of her life.’

Carol remained resolutely loyal as McCain’s political star rose. She says she agreed to talk to The Mail on Sunday only because she wanted to publicise her support for the man who abandoned her.

Indeed, the old Mercedes that she uses to run errands displays both a disabled badge and a sticker encouraging people to vote for her ex-husband. ‘He’s a good guy,’ she assured us. ‘We are still good friends. He is the best man for president.’

But Ross Perot, who paid her medical bills all those years ago, now believes that both Carol McCain and the American people have been taken in by a man who is unusually slick and cruel – even by the standards of modern politics.

‘McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory,’ he said.

‘After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.’

Old 06-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:06 PM
I'm sure the "family values" crowd will close their eyes, plug their ears, and scream "la la la" ad infinitum before they will pay any attention to this.

But hey...Obama's flag pin. Now that's a big deal!

Old 06-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:06 PM
:^ As long as McCain didn't leave his wife for another dude, they're fine with it. Moral standards and all that.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

If it were just this in isolation, I'd think no one really knows for sure what went on in someone else's marriage, blah, blah..., but instead, this is just a small part of what is becoming a larger, very unflattering picture of the man. I find Perot's comments particularly damning.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
New Yorker

And he publicly called his wife a "cunt". I mean, yeah people get angry, but if he calls his wife (the woman he's supposed to love and cherish as long as he lives according to his "principles") that, imagine what he thinks of other women.

The Raw Story | Book: McCain temper boiled over in '92 tirade, called wife a 'cunt'
Old 06-09-2008, 04:15 AM   #6
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 10:06 AM
meh

don't really think it paints him in any other light other than that he is human. Probably met Carol when he was young, thought she was it, and then realised, there are a lot more sexy ladiz out there and promptly went off to find some. Its not a moral story, its a human being story.

though i don't like the guy, its just mud raking in my opinion.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocrazy88 View Post
And he publicly called his wife a "cunt". I mean, yeah people get angry, but if he calls his wife (the woman he's supposed to love and cherish as long as he lives according to his "principles") that, imagine what he thinks of other women.

The Raw Story | Book: McCain temper boiled over in '92 tirade, called wife a 'cunt'
oh give me a break.

yes... john mccain hates all women because he got angry at his wife. that's not a stretch at all. honestly. not at all.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocrazy88 View Post
I mean, yeah people get angry, but if he calls his wife (the woman he's supposed to love and cherish as long as he lives according to his "principles") that, imagine what he thinks of other women.
You're right. I guess anyone who has ever had an argument with their spouse or ever gotten a divorce is just a terrible person and unfit to lead.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
You're right. I guess anyone who has ever had an argument with their spouse or ever gotten a divorce is just a terrible person and unfit to lead.
No one said that...

But calling your wife a 'cunt' in public is something completely different. If that story is true, it really should raise some eyebrows.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
She's the One

Local Time: 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
You're right. I guess anyone who has ever had an argument with their spouse

If you call your wife a cunt when you argue with her, then yes, you have a problem.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

There is no credible evidence that he ever called his wife that name.

This is some crap story where some anti-McCain guy writes a book and says sixteen years ago some anonymously people claim they heard him say this.

There WAS no record of it at the time.
And the source is one attack book with anonymous sources?
That some blogger put up on the net.

anonymous sources say

Michele Obama was bumpin' and krumpin' on stage with Farrakhan singing "I hate WHITEY".
Old 06-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier

i, for one, am always shocked -- SHOCKED! -- when politicians turn out to be self-centered womanizers who are only as loyal as their best available options.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i, for one, am always shocked -- SHOCKED! -- .
you have been away for 10 days

(yes, I actually counted)

hope you had some fun
Old 06-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
you have been away for 10 days

(yes, I actually counted)

hope you had some fun

Memphis and i were in Mexico. we traveled from the D.F. down to Oaxaca and back. we took cooking classes and photographs.

it was great. until the last 36 hours when turista struck and we were detained and searched at gunpoint by the police while on our way to the airport and we subsequently missed our flight. perhaps because we were two maricon gringos?

good times.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:06 PM
^Oh shit, son. I'm glad you're not in Mexican jail. I returned to FYM, and I was sad you weren't here. I'm glad you guys had a good vacation!.