The War on Mother's Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
Not really. Just thought I'd chip in with my usual irresponsible doggerel.

Still, it would be intriguing. Everyone loves mothers, don't they? how to gain support for such a nefarious endeavour? I just don't know, but I'm sure someone has the answers.

nefarious: utterly immoral or wicked

tings are different today
i hear every mother say

doctor please.....
some more of these ..
outside the door
and she took four more....

what a drag it is getting old.

i think im going to demand some breakfast in bed.

me to spouse:
DAMN IT!
get outta this bed and make it for me or die!

he may spit in my pancakes if i do that.
he spit on someones food when he worked at burger king...
thats awful
but .....think about it.....next time ya feel like treating some employees of a fast food est. like pee- ons.

I thought for sure this was going to be about the guy who filed suit because he was denied a sparkly red tote bag given out on Mother's Day at Angel Staduim last year :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:
I thought for sure this was going to be about the guy who filed suit because he was denied a sparkly red tote bag given out on Mother's Day at Angel Staduim last year :wink:

That goofy suit actually raises some interesting issues regarding how we address equality and some of the unintended affects of the laws we've implimented.

I'm really glad my mother did not stick me in front of a Baby Einstein video, take me to dance lessons at three, or drill me
in the laws of physics at age five.

She allowed me to play.

Thanks mom.

*off topic, i guess...sorry*

mothers day has become way to comercial

it used to be flowers and something from the stall at school
and now its buy your mum a washing meachine or a microwave and all the rest of it

i will just chuck in my 2 cents worth

Rochelle D said:
mothers day has become way to comercial

Hasn't always been a commerical holiday...promoted originally by a consortium of florists?

AND...rule 1 of Mother's Day: NEVER buy your mother something she would use to do YOUR work (like a microwave or a laundry machine).

Note to Kieran....next time you need to find an article to propogate drivel in FYM!

Bono's American Wife said:

Screw the tote bag...I want what the Cubs are giving away for mother's day:

ToBNlsesGkHhRksccbTPGs2dWTBb.jpg

special bats for the big day

5594350_36_2.jpg
Just in Time: Pink Bats for Mother's Day

By BRETT BARROUQUERE, Associated Press Writer Wed May 10, 1:01 AM ET

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Hulking Jim Thome. Rugged Manny Ramirez. Brawny Adam Dunn. "The thought of these big macho men, swinging pink bats to help women with breast cancer ... what a novel idea," Louisville Slugger president John Hillerich said Tuesday.

Major League Baseball granted special permission for players to use the colorful bats — baby pink, at that — for Mother's Day. They're part of a weeklong program to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Back
Top Bottom