The War on Drugs is STUPID. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2002, 04:35 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:30 PM
Re: Re: Re: The War on Drugs is STUPID.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite

Great point

L.Unplugged
Thank you.

Old 06-11-2002, 09:37 PM   #47
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
show me figures that dispell the belief that most of those being held on drug charges are in the upper-crust of wealth. Show me!
no argument from me! look at our own adam clayton as an example. he was caught with marijuana. what happened to him? a clean slate as long as he donated money to charity. that's it! how many people in the common working class or lower class get this opportunity?

no, instead they get this huge blemish on their record forever. any time they want to get a job, they have to mention they've been convicted of a felon. and they must specify it was for the possession of an illegal substance. they can no longer even vote, and a lot of places won't hire people with drug charges, since they obviously will use drugs for the rest of their life, esp. if they're 35 now and were caught with it at 19.

edited to add that second paragraph

Old 06-12-2002, 02:52 AM   #48
War Child

Local Time: 02:30 PM
it's always a war, war on drugs, war on unemployment, war on poverty, war on crime, war on rosie o'donnell etc. war, war, WAR!!!! people are always hungry for war and destruction. fight fire with fire. EYE FOR AN EYE, i don't care if everybody becomes blind, I just HAVE to win.
i'm suprised WWIII has not happened yet.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:09 PM   #49
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by CannibalisticArtist
i'm suprised WWIII has not happened yet.
me either. i was kinda hoping (this sounds bad, but it's slightly sarcastic so ) that after the 9/11 attacks it would start, but no avail. but maybe it's slowly building.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:42 PM   #50
War Child

Local Time: 10:30 PM
All I want to stress is that the Anti-Drug commercials are such complete bullshit. They put "Truth" at the end. I really think Children should know the truth. The real truth. Truth that marijuana is a God-given herb ("Enjoy all the fruits and herbs I give to you -Bible") and that no one has ever died from it. Maybe it has some social drawbacks, but not as extensive as a kid hitting his head against a brick wall. I mean, c'mon. I hate when they make shit up, those commercials are so dumb.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:06 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

For that matter, tobacco and poison ivy are God-given.

baker, do I sense that you have recently determined that you enjoy smoking pot, and feel like you missed out on it for too many years due to D.A.R.E. and all of the other anti-dope campaigns?

Are you saying that we should start encouraging children to smoke dope because you think it is the Biblical thing to do?

That is a very interesting take on the situation.

~U2Alabama
Old 06-13-2002, 05:10 AM   #52
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:30 AM
I only read the 1st few and last few arguments here, mainly due to the fact I read many previous arguments on pot in here before.
But I got a question for those in favour of decriminalising or legalising smoking of it and possession.
Where do you all draw the line on what society should allow?
The most common argument is that pot is quite harmless. Then we get the retaliation from either side comparing it to alcohol or tobacco. Even fast food, or whatever.
Should we all draw up a table and compare everything us humans consume and rate them?
Old 06-13-2002, 08:19 AM   #53
War Child

ideally, the government should completely decriminlise Mj but NOT legalise it. although that would never happen, since the goverment would never allow free trade without some form of taxation, it would have to have a piece of the pie somehow, either by legalising it with tax, or do what they are doing now, making it illegal and punishable with...ta-da....fines.
i'm in favour of decriminalizing all drugs, if people want to have a good time, let them, if they want to die, let them. it's their body they can do whatever they want with it. i can buy a gun and kill myself, why can't i buy heroin and OD?and if children do it, well then they should understand the risk with the aid of their parents explainning to them. cigs are terrible but children can still access them. drugs are illegal and children are still dying from them. mortality will probably increase with increased availability but it will then peak and settle, just like anything it takes TIME to get used to things.
again if people die, well then it's population control. if everybody lived till they were 100 years old then we would have an awfully crowded planet, as if we don't already.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:19 PM   #54
War Child

Local Time: 11:30 PM
A war on drugs, especially on marijuana, is stupid. It only causes crime and suffering even though the drug itself is relatively harmless. Above that, it doesn't work, access to the drug still is spo damn easy. In all of the foreign countries I've been the past 5 years (Belgium, Germany, Italy, Russia, Czech Republic, Spain, USA, Denmark, France and Austria) I've had access to it, though I wasn't looking for it (only used it in Italy) nor did I belong to the incrowd there....most of the times i didn't even speak their language. Now, if it's so easy for a foreign-non-incrowd person to get the stuff, how the hell do you want to stop
Old 06-14-2002, 01:24 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

The thing with drugs that I don't like is that no matter who you are u can get drugs anywhere and anyhow. I would like to see drugs become harder for children to get because they have no really sense of what they are. Its fine with me if adults want to do or take drugs because that is their life and they are choosing to do what they eant. But when it comes to kids, most often then not the kid is going to do drugs because its what all the other kids are doing not because he/she really wants to do them.