'The US War with Iran has already begun', Ritter claims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn. I am opposed to an invasion of Iran. We need to encourage the pro-democracy movement in that country, which has plenty of adherents.

an interesting article. for some reason i doubt that bush will have the resources to give it a go at iran during his last term, but i wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

edit: although without another 9/11 type incident i think that a full blown invasion of iran would be a tough sell to the american populace.

No there will probably not be an invasion of Iran; a strike against nuclear facilities however is a legitimate option and may well occur.

Times like this I am realllllllly embarrased to be an American.

A_Wanderer said:
No there will probably not be an invasion of Iran; a strike against nuclear facilities however is a legitimate option and may well occur.

yes, exactly.

but will it be by the US or the Israelis?

Irvine511 said:

yes, exactly.

but will it be by the US or the Israelis?

right...

it would be a huge mistake for us to go in there, but i doubt it will happen. i dont think bush would have the resources or the popular support for that.

i agree with verte76 though, we need to support pro-democracy groups there. it's such a young country, and the majority of the young people want western reforms. but from my understanding of it, there's just a lot of apathy...

VertigoGal said:

right...

it would be a huge mistake for us to go in there, but i doubt it will happen. i dont think bush would have the resources or the popular support for that.

i agree with verte76 though, we need to support pro-democracy groups there. it's such a young country, and the majority of the young people want western reforms. but from my understanding of it, there's just a lot of apathy...

Hmm, it depends what the Bush Administration is thinking. If they're thinking that most of the Iranian population will be happy to have the mullahs out and the U.S. forces can go in, change regimes, and then get out quickly, without it turning into another Iraq, then it may actually happen.

I thought this was interesting from the link provided above:

"But the CIA-backed campaign of MEK terror bombings in Iran are not the only action ongoing against Iran."

I haven't read/heard much about these bombings. Anyone have any sources for further reading?

The second phase has also started.

Several experts with proof from a friend of a friend have been on Fox News claiming Osama is now staying in Iran with full access & government favor.

Back
Top Bottom