The UK LiveEarth event... I gotta ask...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
Anyone else wish that someone would drop Spinal Tap's mini-Stonehenge on Madonna's head?

:lol:

I was dancing around to "Girls on Film" and my mom was like "what is he saying?" and I had to say, "...girls on film..." and her reaction was :| :eyebrow:

(She also said she thinks Simon LeBon looks like Blake Lewis from American Idol :angry:)

Bon Jovi :rockon:

I haven't watched the rest, I recorded it. Looking forward to The Police, as always.

martha said:
Because they're busy.

And it was kinda lame.

You mean the event itself? I think its aim was true, but it would've helped the cause immensely if the biggest 'name' bands were there. I'm all for helping Africa, but last time I checked, Africa is a part of the globe. If the environment goes to crap, so does everything, including Bono's cause. U2 probably thought getting involved would confuse people about the issues, but I think they made a mistake, because the environment trumps all issues.

U2democrat said:
I was dancing around to "Girls on Film" and my mom was like "what is he saying?" and I had to say, "...girls on film..." and her reaction was :| :eyebrow:

It was definitely a stretch to link that one to the environment :wink: If we continue to wreak havoc on the planet, we'll lose our beautiful models :sad: Duran Duran were my favourite pop band when I was a kid, so they're permanently etched on my brain, like it or not. I thought they were great yesterday...felt so bad about the technical difficulties they had. Most of their set was surprisingly relevant, with Ordinary World...Planet Earth.

sallycinnamon78 said:
Anyone else wish that someone would drop Spinal Tap's mini-Stonehenge on Madonna's head?

I actually thought Madonna was great, so I'd stop short of dropping anything heavy on her...a performance with the little people would've been something, however :wink:

Last edited:
I must admit that I didn't see much of it, but here are my impressions on what I saw:

I thoroughly enjoyed Pink Floyd, and Rogers Waters is wearing it well!

The Police are past it, and Sting should eat a sandwich (or 50).

Madonna is not as young as she thinks she is.

I didn't waste the carbon emissions used by watching it. Oh and I changed all my light bulbs to ecobulbs and didn't leave my computer running all night - the smug feels good :wink:

Last edited:
I did have a nice chuckle over the irony that I had my TV on all day to watch the coverage yesterday.

But I take the bus to work in lieu of driving, so I don't feel too guilty. :wink:

angelordevil said:
I actually thought Madonna was great, so I'd stop short of dropping anything heavy on her...a performance with the little people would've been something, however :wink: [/B]

Polystyrene (sp?) isn't that heavy. :D

I'm betting that Larry and Adam probably axed the idea:

"We don't know about that s***, man."

Butterscotch said:
Why didn't U2 perform? Anybody know why?

Because they knew they would be shown up by the Foo Fighters............because they wanted to sit home and watch it...........because they know they'd have been crucified for playing Vertigo/Beautiful Day/One yet again...........because Edge isn't on fire...........

I have to disagree with that, toscano ...

I think the Edge WAS on fire, and they knew it wouldn't be ecologically sound to have him burning at the concert, since we all know he's a robot and not carbon-based.

:wink:

corianderstem said:
I have to disagree with that, toscano ...

I think the Edge WAS on fire, and they knew it wouldn't be ecologically sound to have him burning at the concert, since we all know he's a robot and not carbon-based.

:wink:

If he WAS carbon-based, wouldn't we be concerned about carcinogens ?

My thoughts on the concert:

I thought it was pretty good overall, although I don't think it really got the true message across as well as it could have. Do you think all of the audience members were coming to help save the earth and be part of a revolution? Or going to a pretty solid rock show?

Either way, I liked the entertainment, minus having to see Al Gore every 5 minutes. He did have a good message however, but his face just bothers me. I want to throw a baseball at it. haha.

Kanye screwed up a good song at the end. Please shut your mouth sometimes, haha.

Really liked Bon Jovi's performance. Kind of reminded me of U2. Most similar out of all that I saw.

FOB, Taking Back Sunday, Keane rocked the house.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom