"The Ten Commandments" some are pretty good. Law of the land? What do you think? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2003, 09:34 AM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Ok bear with me, I'll ramble on about a few topics..

The following is from Creation magazine.

Stick Insect Research Upsets one of Evolutionists long-held beliefs.

Evolution is not meant to run in reverse - at least, this is a basic principle of evolution that is widely accepted. Evolutionists believe that complex genetic instructions, once encoded in a creatures DNA (by natural selection of random mutations), are unlikely to be undone, even less likely to be regained later on. A recent report on stick insects in the prestigious journal "Nature" is forcing evolutionists to rethink this fundamental belief.
Today's stick insects (or phasmids, as scientists call them) show great variations; eg. some have wings and some do not. The conventional idea holds that a winged stick insect ancestor gave rise to different groups of winged stick insects, with many of these later evolving to a wingless condition. From their studies of DNA in 59 stick insect species, the authors of this latest research came to a completley different conclusion: wings were lost in a "primitive" ancestor of stick insects, reappeared at least four times (independently), then were lost yet again on two more occasions!
So these exquisitely complex structures we call wings (not to mention the associated muscles, ligaments and nervous control systems) are now said to have evolved, devolved and "re-evolved" several times. Moreover, these ups and downs in the evolution of insect flight allegedly spanned 300 million years, with periods of winglessness lasting upto 100 million years. No wonder that this "re-evolution" in evolutionary thinking is being described as a "revolution"! Genetic information for wings, no longer serving any selective purpose, should be lost and/or should degenerate through disuse by virtue of mutations.
Aware of this, the authors speculate that the instructions for wings were somehow linked to those for legs, so they could be switched on again later. Shoe-horned by their unquestioning belief in evolution, they fail to question whether these non-functioning genes could really have existed for so long!
Of course, this demonstrates just how 'plastic' evolutionary theory is, as contradictory data are turned into evidence FOR THEORY! As stated in precious articles, a loss of information (wings in this case) is not evolution, which would require NEW information. Switching on existing information (even if this had occured) would not explain where those instructions for making wings came from in the first place.

Old 09-26-2003, 09:45 AM   #47
War Child

A small note on Fossils:

The neo-Darwinian model requires that every one of the groups has descended from a single, unidentified, small land mammal. Huge numbers of intermediate species in the direct line of transition would have had to exist, but the fossil record fails to reveal any of them. Of all the thousands upon thousands of intermediates that should exist, a mere handful of questionable examples such as the ‘mammal-like reptiles’ for the mammals, and Archaeopteryx for the birds — are held forth as ‘proof’.

I mean how do evolutionists sleep at night knowing this sort of thing?
Can anyone come up with an explanation for the above, other than creation??

Old 09-26-2003, 10:00 AM   #48
War Child

The following part of text taken from a reply to an Evolutionary finding about the Law of Thermodynamics.

It may help give an answer of how things started. From Nothing or from God. I know Melon and Co probably believe that God started off the evolutionary process, but really why would he?
Just so some bunch of intelectuals could be happy with some amazing long plan. He gave his word in Genisis just the same as he did in any book of the New Testament.
We don't really need to understand what happened, we just need to have faith! Faith in his Power. Power of Love. Power of Forgiveness and Grace. Power of Life. Power of Creation.

The growth of a child from an embryo, or a plant from a seed, does not contradict the Second Law of Thermodynamics because all the information required for this process is present in the genomic ‘blueprint’. This, with the cellular machinery to harness energy, causes the formation of the complex organism, just as an automobile is made in a factory by machines which direct energy (with information) to construct a car. The machinery in the living cells drives the living organism to grow, directing energy to do it. Energy will not produce specified complexity unless it is harnessed by a machine to do so. Energy + matter alone will not produce a machine, or a cell. It needs information (a blueprint) and machinery to direct energy to arrange matter according to the information. And such information comes from intelligence, not energy and matter.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:14 AM   #49
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:49 AM
I'm not sure how we got into this subject again. This thread was about the Ten Commandments. There was a pretty good debate awhile back in this forum. You could run a search and take a look at where people in this forum stand.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:21 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

A bit off topic and just to throw this out there. Creationists believe that the world is life is only about 5 to 6, 000 years old. Now tell me how THEY can sleep at night believing this??
Old 09-26-2003, 01:50 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish
A bit off topic and just to throw this out there. Creationists believe that the world is life is only about 5 to 6, 000 years old. Now tell me how THEY can sleep at night believing this??
Only a very narrow group of creationists follow a "young earth" doctrine. My guess is that they can sleep at night believing it is not beyond God's power to create the appearance of an old earth (i.e., where carbon dating suggests hundreds of thousands of years). But that's just my guess.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:24 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

So Stagman's assumption that Creationist all believe the same thing and are consistent and unchanging and Evolutionists are full of crap because they change theories and models as they learn is indeed false. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:27 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:49 AM
Satan has managed to create schisms in Christianity since its inception.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:44 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Uhhhhh... yeah.....
anyway

I'm not saying I don't believe in creation. I just think it's much more logical that evolution was part of God's plan of creation, than say, God's plan to "create the appearance of an old earth"
Old 09-26-2003, 05:10 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Uniformity only leads to tyranny. Schisms are the only thing that have prevented Christianity from formally killing itself. Democracy, for instance, would never have existed.

Melon
Old 09-26-2003, 05:20 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by stagman
I know Melon and Co probably believe that God started off the evolutionary process, but really why would he?
Just so some bunch of intelectuals could be happy with some amazing long plan.
Quite honestly, why not? In revealing the order of the universe, what seems like "chaos" operates under an incredibly intricate structure. When I see the beauty of this seeming chaos, then I see the power of a God. Maybe it is a sort of beauty that only an intellectual could love, but, IMO, the seven day theory is far too simplistic.

Aesthetics aside, there is no evidence for creationism and any supposed "evidence" for creationism is in the realm of pseudoscience. If the Bible never existed, creationism would be considered as much of a myth as the Japanese phallic creation myths.

Melon