The Tea Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2091rank.html

USA at 6.14 / 1000

Cuba at 5.72 / 1000

Canada at 4.99 / 1000

Australia at 4.67 / 1000

The US has a high infant mortality rate for a first world country and part of that may relate to its healthcare system.

You are not counting any variants in how the "study was conducted" and how the authors came to these numbers. .

For instance, The US has more babies born in a year than Cuba , and there is a rather large difference in the population. That alone would account the statistically small difference in the higer rate , even though it says " per 1,000 births"

If you look at cancer rates around the world, the methods they used to get thier numbers, could easily account for the difference. Which is statistically small.

They dont say how they got them . As with any study, that is an important quesion. if USA was 18.6 vs cuba 7.9 ( for instance ) then you could look for sppecific reasons, or more likely, a severe flaw in the way they got the numbers.

For what it is, Cuba does offer healthcare ( basic to everyone) . Your out of luck if it gets to be costly.

Well that's to be said about most studies trying to make such comparisons, even though different studies have shown pretty much the same numbers.

That being said, it really doesn't mean all that much given the context of the thread.

sounds like your co-worker doesn't want to have a rear window for long*.

*=for those lacking in the ability to recognise a joke, that's one.

So, for someones free speach you advocate smashing their window? Just courous

You know you're screwed when GLENN BECK denounces you and calls you "the dumbest Republican"... :lmao:

from the comments, the only people looking at his video's are MSNBC, Huffington Post etc. If that is all they can come up with against the Tea Party, they are desperate.

Beck would be the first one in this Country to call this guy what he is.

Now, lets talk about the wonderful human being ( and I use that term in total sacarsm) Mr George Soros. He is a wonderful man isn't he? Pays Mrs Huffingtons billls, that is good right ?

George Soros, called the year he spend taking personal property off the jews right before they got on the trains " The most wonderful year of my life"

There is your Banker. This guy in the video is an idiot, but George Soros is a total sociopath. whats the difference between the 2?

Nothing really, except Soros has more practice and experience

You and your fellow Tea Partiers are willing to exchange "security" for a complete removal of Constitutional rights, which is why all this babbling about the "loss of freedoms" is such a load of crap.

How would exchanging security result in "complete removal of Consitutional rights? "

I find it odd that keeps coming up, yet, Supporters of this President are mad as hell tht ALL those little things, like gitmo, sending Terrorist suspects to Eygpt for torture, without trial, holding people with no trial etc are all still going on, and even extended by this President.

Didnt he, the very first day he took office, sign and Executive order to close Gitmo in 1 year?

well how long has he been in office? Seems someone got in there and got to read the real story and changed his mind.

Where is the outrage?

That's right, outrage is in Toronto for the weekend.

i like to think it means the tea party has less influence than the wang chest beaters think they do.

if thats true, why is the left afraid of them? Obsessed with them?

If anyone can, I would sure like to hear of one single arrest of a tea party member for anything. Wait there was one .

Name 2 arrests at any tea Party function ? I think we are over 200 in toronto, and that inclludes the sewar rats with bombs.

The best tea party film I have ever seen was MSNBC an the countdown guy screaming about a guy getting beat up in St Louis, a black man he said, and he conviently failed to mention that the "black guy" was with the Union beating up a guy at a wheelchair.

Then there was the alleged machine gun member of the tea party(alleged by MSNBC), but another news org caught him wearing the automatic M-16 with his union shirt. Histerical.

i am not a member of th tea party but it is facinating watching the progs go crazy about them. Why are they really afraid of them?

If that is all they can come up with against the Tea Party, they are desperate.

How would exchanging security result in "complete removal of Consitutional rights? "

No.. I didnt Violence should have large print. My opinion.

if thats true, why is the left afraid of them? Why are they really afraid of them?

You should go back and read the whole thread, rather than come in at the middle and think you've gotten us all.

It's not fear, it's incredulity.

from the comments, the only people looking at his video's are MSNBC, Huffington Post etc. If that is all they can come up with against the Tea Party, they are desperate.

Beck would be the first one in this Country to call this guy what he is.

Now, lets talk about the wonderful human being ( and I use that term in total sacarsm) Mr George Soros. He is a wonderful man isn't he? Pays Mrs Huffingtons billls, that is good right ?

How are they desperate? And who are "they"?

No, actually I called this guy an idiot before Glenn, do I win a prize?

And what is up with this transition? What does Soros have to do with any of this?

But your last few posts in here now shine a whole new light on all your previous conspiracy theories and lies.

Serfdom would be more accurate than slavery. The promise of a level of security and equality in exchange for the loss of individual economic liberty.

This is what it boils down to at the end of the day, though isn't it.

I don't want my tax money being used to help poor people.

Why?

Because the poor are shiftless, lazy, and dishonest--obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be poor. Let them die in their hovels--that's what they deserve.

A friend of mine (and yes, she is a good friend--we just happened to deeply disagree on politics) and I were arguing about health care reform a year or so ago, and as I kept pushing her on why she was against it, this is essentially what it came down to.

Which is why even though I strongly agree with the conservative position that government tends to do a poorer job compared to the private sector in almost every area and has little motivation to be efficient or to avoid overspending, I can not be a conservative. The lack of compassion and the disdain for the poor is unacceptable to me.

But all of this is beside the point because frankly, INDY, neither you or any other conservative posters have been able to explain exactly HOW the government is going to cost us taxpayers more. You're great with the snappy little one-liners but you haven't brought a decent argument to the table in months. And it's a shame, because while some wouldn't listen, I would. Heck, I think the last post in the health care thread now languishing on page two was some questions I really would have liked to discuss. But there were no takers. :shrug:

How are they desperate? And who are "they"?

No, actually I called this guy an idiot before Glenn, do I win a prize?

And what is up with this transition? What does Soros have to do with any of this?

But your last few posts in here now shine a whole new light on all your previous conspiracy theories and lies.

I don't know about prize, but pretty much everyone would think this guy is an idiot.

The George Soros came up, as the majority posting comments on the linked video, were Huffington Post , MSNBC etc, or citing them as a reasonable alternative to what they want/need the Tea Party to be.

Being the Huffington post, media matters and a host of others who grasp at every hope of toppling the Tea Party are funded by George Soros, the source of funding would be relevent to what comes out of these people.Keep the person paying the bills happy right? Posting everywhere they can try and find an excuse to discredit the tea party.I always ask myself why ? Has to be fear. Been almost 2 years and nothing sticks. Maybe there is a reason for that.

To each his own.

As far as reading the whole thread, I got lost when it morphed into common sense, then Abe and Douglas, to William Buckley to bumper stickers.

It just facinates me that the time and money to attack a group of VFW members or a neighbor , maybe someones grandmother who simply doesn't want to fund a group of Politicians ( and that would be both parties) who's interest is in money and power, deserve so much attention , and cause such fear in the minds of Left media. It is interesting to watch

Beck is a great example. If he is so crazy, why do they spend so much time , effort and money to counter his every word? He is just a disc Jockey. people can listen or not, but why all the attention? Does he deserve it? I don't think so, but the only reasonable conclusion is something fears him. Why?

I find the post about how Tea party people would not understand Buckley interesting and yet, in reviewing a commercial for Becks new book ( a novel by the way ) they slammed the words of the commercial as jibberish, written by a 2 year old , Howled at "the lack of any sentence structure", "Obviously written by a 12 year old " on and on . this was just the television ad, before his book came out .

I guess the Huffington Post had never heard of Rudyard Kipling before . His work is considered brillant by just about everyone, . I guess just not the Huffington post.

theories and lies? What Theory do I have? that statement alone proves everything I am saying. When presented the truth, in any fashion, rather than check, it is Theories and Lies.

If your writing about the fact that Bono first slipped a disk in 2003 and has been treating it since, sorry, it is true. He badly injured it. It is the same one he just had removed. It is very well documented, so maybe spend some time looking rather than weak ad hominem attacks would be more condusive to a forum discussion. . Having a bad back doesn't make him any different than anyone else.. unless that is the issue . is it? If so, I will gladly respect your feelings that he is, but it is helpful to let someone know that .

Anyone who has ever taken basic phsycology class knows that weak tactic. It doesnt work. In fact it will tell you that those who engage in ad hominem attacks are generally talking about themselves.

To be clear, my thoughts about U2 are that they are part of an enormously talented group of people, who's fate had brought them together for some reason. It happens everyday . it doesn't stop them from having the same issues as everyone else. That's my view, just to be clear. that is in no way an agenda. if I didn't like them or thought they were something else, I wouldn't buy CD's and tickets and wouldn't give them a thought.

discussion is alive in well in many places. When it stops or the ability to participate becomes something other than the norm , then you see things like tea parties, Glenn Becks, and Keith Obermans , etc . It's not human nature to participate in "do as I say, not as I do" although many people try .

Bono said not long ago in an interview this very thing about our Country. of course, if I say it, it means it's not true right? Is it true if he says it?

If people lose the ability to discuss, well, might as well turn everyone loose and let's see who comes out on top. That get's us nowhere, but if man doesnt understand reason and that we are blessed with it along with the ability to talk, what's left?

Not much .

thinking about it, what INDY was laying out was the basic tenants of civilization.

we give up some money and we get roads, schools, police officers, fire fighters, hospitals, etc.

all this talk about government "waste" is rather amusing. what we talk about cutting amounts to very little in the end. are the GOP and their fierce intellectual Eric Cantor going to bravely cut the NEA? UNESCO?

if you really want to cut spending you have to go after the following: Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security, and Defense.

want to get serious? now that the average life span is stretching ever more towards 80, let's raise retirement to age 67. let's get a good $1 a gallon gas tax. let's not do things like give $34b to Turkey so that we can maybe use their landing strips so we can invade Iraq.

but of course, no one is going to get serious.

I don't want my tax money being used to help poor people.

Why?

Because the poor are shiftless, lazy, and dishonest--obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be poor. Let them die in their hovels--that's what they deserve.

A friend of mine (and yes, she is a good friend--we just happened to deeply disagree on politics) and I were arguing about health care reform a year or so ago, and as I kept pushing her on why she was against it, this is essentially what it came down to.

Which is why even though I strongly agree with the conservative position that government tends to do a poorer job compared to the private sector in almost every area and has little motivation to be efficient or to avoid overspending, I can not be a conservative. The lack of compassion and the disdain for the poor is unacceptable to me.

But all of this is beside the point because frankly, INDY, neither you or any other conservative posters have been able to explain exactly HOW the government is going to cost us taxpayers more. You're great with the snappy little one-liners but you haven't brought a decent argument to the table in months. And it's a shame, because while some wouldn't listen, I would. Heck, I think the last post in the health care thread now languishing on page two was some questions I really would have liked to discuss. But there were no takers. :shrug:

"Because the poor are shiftless, lazy, and dishonest--obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be poor. Let them die in their hovels--that's what they deserve."

This is a conservative view on healthcare? Nobody I know thinks that way . I am a fiscally conservative Democrat, who worked really hard with a large group of Dr's, to get Hillary elected . None of them thought of people that way.

I would be more than happy to provide my insight on an issue I have fought for, hard, approx 16 years. It is part of my life every single day.

I can easily explain why the Bill that passed that nobody read because , to Quote the Speaker of the house " You have to pass it to find out what's in it , I guess . It is a disaster waiting to happen. Both from a fiscal standpoint, and a medical care standpoint.

To go further into the fiscal problems we face , from a conservative standpoint , is something that had it been well reported, and explained, people of ALL views would be running for the hills. Some are freaked about it , that's where your tea party came from. Not the nut job in the video's. Normal, everyday people. I can explain why we need about 10 people to fill positions we cannot hire them. It is the same for every business. There is a political reason why we can't. It is bipartisan.

Economically, we are in DEEP doo. everyone is. be more than happy to explain it, and healthcare would be a great way to approach it.

let me know. It is an important issue . As Far as healthcare specifically, everyone, and I mean everyone is going to wake up in 4 years (imagine how many feet we can amputate in that time ) and wish for another time.

I don't know about prize, but pretty much everyone would think this guy is an idiot.

Then why the praise to Glenn calling him the first to do so? :huh:
The George Soros came up, as the majority posting comments on the linked video, were Huffington Post , MSNBC etc, or citing them as a reasonable alternative to what they want/need the Tea Party to be.

Being the Huffington post, media matters and a host of others who grasp at every hope of toppling the Tea Party are funded by George Soros, the source of funding would be relevent to what comes out of these people.Keep the person paying the bills happy right? Posting everywhere they can try and find an excuse to discredit the tea party.I always ask myself why ? Has to be fear. Been almost 2 years and nothing sticks. Maybe there is a reason for that.
You should quit using youtube comments as a source for anything. You look foolish doing so...

Beck is a great example. If he is so crazy, why do they spend so much time , effort and money to counter his every word? He is just a disc Jockey. people can listen or not, but why all the attention? Does he deserve it? I don't think so, but the only reasonable conclusion is something fears him. Why?
It's not because of him, it's because of his listeners. They treat him as a true source of info, some like a god... he's a fraud. He's dangerous just like TV evangilists are dangerous.

theories and lies? What Theory do I have? that statement alone proves everything I am saying. When presented the truth, in any fashion, rather than check, it is Theories and Lies.
I'm still waiting on that link showing Bono is a member of the Club of Rome, or that he's downplaying his injury due to losing money.

You preach about info, but all you post about is speculation and inuendo. :lol:

Then why the praise to Glenn calling him the first to do so? :huh:

You should quit using youtube comments as a source for anything. You look foolish doing so...

It's not because of him, it's because of his listeners. They treat him as a true source of info, some like a god... he's a fraud. He's dangerous just like TV evangilists are dangerous.

I'm still waiting on that link showing Bono is a member of the Club of Rome, or that he's downplaying his injury due to losing money.

You preach about info, but all you post about is speculation and inuendo. :lol:

I preach nothing.

you know, I just read 68 pages containing many of the same theme of argumentitive posts , made by you, that you are doing here. I will take the Mods advice that he gave regarding them and apply it here. It was good advice.

Take everything you write and reverse it . that is how to best understand you. It is very telling.

Now we have have an understanding. It is your choice to be that way, and from the dates on the posts, you have chosen to engage in your unique form of discussion for a long time. . That is you right. I chose not to. thats my right . Please honor it.

I will say one last thing. I told you where to find it, go get it if you want to. Your sitting down, it cant be that strenuous. You can do it if you want to. The interviewS, as I said of Bono being concerned about Money, is also right in the links of the Paul statements.There are 2 of them. Read it if you are inerested. Ignore it if you are not.

Have a good life. there is time.

"Because the poor are shiftless, lazy, and dishonest--obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be poor. Let them die in their hovels--that's what they deserve."

This is a conservative view on healthcare? Nobody I know thinks that way . I am a fiscally conservative Democrat, who worked really hard with a large group of Dr's, to get Hillary elected . None of them thought of people that way.
I'd argue that this is the approximate view of a good portion of the "Tea Party." Something along the lines of, "I don't want people to freeload off my money," if they're more polite (although still ignorant).

I'd argue that this is the approximate view of a good portion of the "Tea Party." Something along the lines of, "I don't want people to freeload off my money," if they're more polite (although still ignorant).

it's more of "quit wasting my money, let me keep more of it as I know how and can help people better than the Government "

Or

"I didn't give out adjustable rate mortages to people who knew that cant afford them,with no income , so why am I on the hook for 135 TRILLION dollars based on a couple of Congressmans ideas".

It is not the idea that someone gets help, buying a house, it is more the Freddie and fannie FIASCO , which is collapsing our system. it is more of the idea that Government can help someone get a house ( which nobody really had a problem with ) it is the fact that the Congressman , Dodd and frank were big on this, allowed them to give people 300,000 loans that didnt have any income. Now, people who were responsible , have to pay for the Government, and people who knew thay could not pay .

so it isnt helping people, but think of it like this. The couple in restaurant sitting next to you orders a 400.00 of wine and a 1,000 worth of food. they get the check and say Thanks, as they throw it on your table and leave. Tea party people dont think that is right . They think it is worse that Congress and the Senate are throwing bills on the peoples table.

That are asking. demanding they be fiscally responsible. We are in such deep _____ now , financially, if we dont do something now , we are done. Budgeting. these people all budget, why cant the government?

I went to the healthcare march in washington. besides a couple of idiots ( 2 out of 30,000 is not bad ) everyone was cool as heck. wasnt a piece of paper on the ground.

These are your grandparents, neighbors, store owners , drs. You name it.

There will always be a fringe around any group, but Tea Party is not organized , has no leadership, it is just regular people who want them to stop throwing money around , or in their pockets , special interests etc, on both sides, to stop.

Harry Reid is gone, Allan Mollohan got booted Sestak , repubicans, democrats, they dont care, these guys who have been taking our money for years, they are all going to go. Obama has a very short window or he's gone. At this point, anyone who has been part of the 'system" they are toast. Out of Office . To them, they are the problem.

If Government stops wasting money, doesnt that leave more help for those who need it? tea party thinks so.

go to a rally sometimes. You will be very surprised at who these people are.

they are not what MSNBC, or whoever says they are. Not even close. every time they say unruly mob? They are usually singing god bless america or something. It will open your eyes to go to one and watch what they say about it afterwards. You will think they are talking about somewhere else.

always 5 people attending. usually thousands in reality.

I find the post about how Tea party people would not understand Buckley interesting and yet, in reviewing a commercial for Becks new book ( a novel by the way ) they slammed the words of the commercial as jibberish, written by a 2 year old , Howled at "the lack of any sentence structure", "Obviously written by a 12 year old " on and on . this was just the television ad, before his book came out .

You're not making much sense here (prophecy fulfilled?). I don't know what you're trying to say.

They are usually singing god bless america or something. It will open your eyes to go to one and watch what they say about it afterwards. You will think they are talking about somewhere else.

Holding up their Obama=Hitler/Stalin signs as they sing. Complaining about "big government" as they deposit their Social Security checks. I :heart: them.

If Government stops wasting money, doesnt that leave more help for those who need it? tea party thinks so.

This is not what the Tea Party thinks.

The Tea Party wants to "lower taxes and and increase military spending".

cut_taxes_not_defense.jpg

They don't want to help those who need it. Have you read the conservatives responses in here, have you ever listened to Beck, Hannity, or Rush? Healthcare is just an entitlement program, these people should get their own jobs. There is no such thing as people who "need" it, just those that are lazy and want to sponge off the government.

first, Harry Reid is going to win, because the woman he's running against is a lunatic.

but please explain this:

it's more of "quit wasting my money, let me keep more of it as I know how and can help people better than the Government "

could you please tell me your plan for the following:

1. paving roads
2. policing the streets
3. responding to house fires
4. educating children
5. making sure the elderly don't die in poverty like they did before social security and medicare

and that's just a grab bag.

i'm fairly certain that no one actually wants to go back to that kind of brutal 19th-century society.

you also mentioned loans. have you heard of the phrase "predatory lending"? do the banks not bear some responsibility for literally preying upon vulnerable people and selling them mortgages and then cranking up their ARM's? it's quite convenient to blame Freddie and Fannie when the real chicanery happened on Wall Street.

what strikes me most about the above post is that you seem to feel as if you're getting a raw deal. that you've been screwed over. and that someone else has walked away with a $400 bottle of wine. what's sad is you seem to think the person with the wine is the mother who's house has been foreclosed on, or the guy who's been out of work for 18 months and may never be employed again, or the 40m people who can't afford health insurance. you are blaming the most vulnerable people in our society when you've actually been screwed by the most powerful.

where were you in 2000-2008 when the GOP and Bush spent like drunken sailors? were you marching on washington then talking about being fiscally responsible? or is it only now, with a president who believes that government has a responsibility to help the most vulnerable citizens of society, that all this spending suddenly becomes a problem? are you angry about farm subsidies? how about the huge leap in entitlements under Bush? the refusal of the GOP to cut Medicare? are you ready to cut defense? do you actually think that lowering taxes is fiscally responsible? are you protesting the trillion-dollar nation building efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan? do you realize that only this would *actually* cut into spending and not all these relatively trivial spending "cuts" about "pork" and "waste" that amounts to nothing compared to a decade-long war in a country that bankrupted both the British and the Russians?

i live in DC. i saw them riding on our (tax-payer subsidized and totally socialist and intended to help poor people move around a city) Metro system. and they looked more like people feeling displaced by a changing culture than by people with any sort of coherent message to send anyone in DC.

I will say one last thing. I told you where to find it, go get it if you want to. Your sitting down, it cant be that strenuous. You can do it if you want to. The interviewS, as I said of Bono being concerned about Money, is also right in the links of the Paul statements.There are 2 of them. Read it if you are inerested. Ignore it if you are not.

Have a good life. there is time.

I'm going to ignore the crap and quickly touch upon this because I'd like to stay on topic, but no you did not. You said the "cover of NY times", no date or issue. Done a search and the last to mention (RED) said it was making profit. So there's that. No link to the Club of Rome thing, and there never will be and you know that. And the interview you completely read out of context for it says nothing to which you stated.

And of course no evidence about your conspiracy theory about Bono's back. :lol:

But if you ever want to really engage in true discussion, I'll be here.

Or

"I didn't give out adjustable rate mortages to people who knew that cant afford them,with no income , so why am I on the hook for 135 TRILLION dollars based on a couple of Congressmans ideas".

It is not the idea that someone gets help, buying a house, it is more the Freddie and fannie FIASCO , which is collapsing our system. it is more of the idea that Government can help someone get a house ( which nobody really had a problem with ) it is the fact that the Congressman , Dodd and frank were big on this, allowed them to give people 300,000 loans that didnt have any income. Now, people who were responsible , have to pay for the Government, and people who knew thay could not pay .

so it isnt helping people, but think of it like this. The couple in restaurant sitting next to you orders a 400.00 of wine and a 1,000 worth of food. they get the check and say Thanks, as they throw it on your table and leave. Tea party people dont think that is right . They think it is worse that Congress and the Senate are throwing bills on the peoples table.

That are asking. demanding they be fiscally responsible. We are in such deep _____ now , financially, if we dont do something now , we are done. Budgeting. these people all budget, why cant the government?

I went to the healthcare march in washington. besides a couple of idiots ( 2 out of 30,000 is not bad ) everyone was cool as heck. wasnt a piece of paper on the ground.

These are your grandparents, neighbors, store owners , drs. You name it.

There will always be a fringe around any group, but Tea Party is not organized , has no leadership, it is just regular people who want them to stop throwing money around , or in their pockets , special interests etc, on both sides, to stop.

Harry Reid is gone, Allan Mollohan got booted Sestak , repubicans, democrats, they dont care, these guys who have been taking our money for years, they are all going to go. Obama has a very short window or he's gone. At this point, anyone who has been part of the 'system" they are toast. Out of Office . To them, they are the problem.

go to a rally sometimes. You will be very surprised at who these people are.

they are not what MSNBC, or whoever says they are. Not even close. every time they say unruly mob? They are usually singing god bless america or something. It will open your eyes to go to one and watch what they say about it afterwards. You will think they are talking about somewhere else.

always 5 people attending. usually thousands in reality.
Nothing you're writing about addresses what I'm talking about.

My post was mainly about things like health care and welfare. That's what Sean was referring to: "helping poor people." That's what he said in his post. My post had absolutely nothing to do with mortgages or loans. That's not what I was talking about. So, right there, your tangent did not address the point of my post, a point which was crystal clear based on the series of posts leading up to it.

Beyond that, your comments about government spending are bizarre. This vague "government spending" thing that the Tea Party likes to rant about is never specific enough to accomplish anything. If you actually look at the specifics, their anger over "wasteful spending" is not productive. The biggest (by far) weights on the budget of the government were previously outlined by Irvine: Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and Defense. The only one of those that could be reasonably reduced is defense, and I think we can be pretty damn certain that most Tea Party followers don't want significant reductions in defense spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom