The Tea Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I take a look around at the general populace, I have little trouble concluding that the government knows better how to allocate funds for public use than they would. In fact, I have no trouble.

So as a general rule, you feel the more public and less private spending... the better. Would that be fair to conclude?

"Hey Bevis, she said gay lord."

I'm sorry, I have to ask. Who - or what - is a Gaylord Opryland?

where good ol' boys can put on their tight jeans and appreciate a great manly performer

KennyChesney.jpg

So as a general rule, you feel the more public and less private spending... the better. Would that be fair to conclude?

That's not what she wrote. I hope you know that.

Do you really think the economy is "Either the government spends this money on a program or Billy down the street gets a tax cut and buys a new refrigerator?"

Most of the money is in business. Businesses that are failing the shit out of us.

Apparently she used the hand in the Q and A, not the speech

Closer inspection of a photo of Sarah Palin, during a speech in which she mocked President Obama for his use of a teleprompter, reveals several notes written on her left hand. The words "Energy", "Tax" and "Lift American Spirits" are clearly visible. There's also what appears to read as "Budget cuts" with the word Budget crossed out.

2010-02-07-palinhandclose.jpg

YouTube - Sarah Palin READS CHEAT NOTES on her HAND

Millions? You sound like an out-of-touch Dr Evil. We're need to save trillions now.

Big government liberalism in a nutshell. Government knows how better to spend our money than we do. So let's just give them more and let them spend it "smartly."

Seems Sarah Palin is out of touch. Interesting that she speaks poorly of Obama, insisting that he needs a teleprompter... then proceeds to read notes writting on her hand.

Palin is not someone I see myself as ever being inclined to support.

She does remind me a bit of W (whom I never voted for even once, that includes primaries)

he drove his detractors nuts,
all the while Forrest Gump kept his steady pace and never looked back

610x.jpg

Palin continues to win
as her detractors agree among themselves that she is not.

Seems Sarah Palin is out of touch. Interesting that she speaks poorly of Obama, insisting that he needs a teleprompter... then proceeds to read notes writting on her hand.

She's an environmentalist and a fiscal conservative. Everyone knows that writing on your hand is cheaper and uses less electricity than teleprompters. :wink:

Palin = :lol::lol::lol:

A lot of us are environmentalists,
below is part of my auto email signature.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail, you may wish to write it down on your hand.

To be honest, I think the fair thing would be to conclude that you see "A" but read "B."

She does remind me a bit of W (whom I never voted for even once, that includes primaries)

I think W had much better people running the show for him, and he always struck me as more intellectually lazy than stupid (a la Palin). Plus I remember the 2000 election very well and W hadn't spent the previous 4 years assuring the country that he was a buffoon. In fact I'd be willing to bet that most people were generally unfamiliar with him aside from his legacy.

The tea party folks at least are entertaining... their hopes of a completely unelectable woman, their simpleton "science", their Leave it to Beaver social mentality, their backwards logic, and overall selfish 5th grade intellect.

OK,two of your statements:

"simpleton science"

"backwards logic"

Can you explain why?

Example: Do you think the idea of a limited government is
backwards logic?

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

~Thomas Jefferson

OK,two of your statements:

"simpleton science"

Posting a link to a blizzard and then saying, "see global warming isn't real" is simpleton science. Your cute little post about how we shouldn't breathe is simpleton science. And you've been shown this hundreds of times, you just never care to respond.

"backwards logic"

Can you explain why?

Example: Do you think the idea of a limited government is
backwards logic?

You use platitudes like "limited government" yet you ask us why we don't have "real wars" anymore. You support a "war" of idealogy and choice.

That's backwards logic.

Posting a link to a blizzard and then saying, "see global warming isn't real" is simpleton science. Your cute little post about how we shouldn't breathe is simpleton science. And you've been shown this hundreds of times, you just never care to respond.

You use platitudes like "limited government" yet you ask us why we don't have "real wars" anymore. You support a "war" of idealogy and choice.

That's backwards logic.

Global Warming:

"Posting a link to a blizzard and then saying, "see global warming isn't real" is simpleton science. Your cute little post about how we shouldn't breathe is simpleton science. And you've been shown this hundreds of times, you just never care to respond."

My cute little posts on global warming have been links to what other scientists and people are saying.

Reading about a topic and searching for the truth is not my idea of being cute or simple.

My cute little posts on global warming have been links to what other scientists and people are saying.

Reading about a topic and searching for the truth is not my idea of being cute or simple.

No, most of your links have been what other PEOPLE are saying, not other scientists. The last one I was referencing was definately not a scientist.

And anyone who claims there isn't a difference in weather and climate is not a scientist.

Reading is great, but you have to know what you are reading about or you'll fall for anything.

To be honest, I think the fair thing would be to conclude that you see "A" but read "B."

Yes well I feel you did that when I said:
Big government liberalism in a nutshell. Government knows how better to spend our money than we do. So let's just give them more and let them spend it "smartly."
And you replied:
When I take a look around at the general populace, I have little trouble concluding that the government knows better how to allocate funds for public use than they would. In fact, I have no trouble.
Allowing people to keep more of their paycheck is not saying they should also allocate the funds the government does receive.

But to my point about public vs private spending. You certainly see Government as a better trustee of health care spending than the private individual do you not?

No, most of your links have been what other PEOPLE are saying, not other scientists. The last one I was referencing was definately not a scientist.

And anyone who claims there isn't a difference in weather and climate is not a scientist.

Reading is great, but you have to know what you are reading about or you'll fall for anything.

Like talking snakes encouraging you to eat bad produce as being the reason for anything bad

But to my point about public vs private spending. You certainly see Government as a better trustee of health care spending than the private individual do you not?

You see, it's this type of backwards logic that doesn't make sense to thinking people. This line of logic may work if it read "You certainly see Government as a better trustee of health care spending than ______(insert rich man's name that does not have a lifelong or terminal disease) do you not?" But for everyone else it's just ignorance.

Why are you reducing it down to individual vs government on healthcare spending? This completely ignores that the individual's options are limited. It ignores those that don't have the capability to spend on healthcare, it ignores those that even if they could spend are limited by medicine that is driven by pharma lobbies. It ignores so much that I'm convinced that you haven't even really ever thought about the current healthcare system you're just towing the party line.

Tea Party Convention Kicks into Full Swing - Swampland - TIME.com

I'm told by TIME colleagues that Judson Phillips – the convention's main organizer – was at first taken aback when an al Jazeera correspondent introduced herself to him. “Do you have a problem with my outlet?" she asked when he didn't shake her hand. “Yes, I'm an American,” Phillips responded.

By the end of the night, much of the room knelt in prayer – one of the pastors, Rick Scarborough, went after homosexuals several times to choruses of amens -- before watching a Tea Party video.

Tancredo was one of the 3 candidates (with Huckabee...and Hunter???) who raised his hand to the question "How many of you do not believe in evolution?" at one of the Republican debates in 2008. Yeah, he's for 'real'.

A racist moron.

Palin continues to win
as her detractors agree among themselves that she is not.

W had the most powerful people in the party behind him, including many Fiscal and Foreign Policy conservatives. Palin will not have these people behind her.
She's a one-trick social issues candidate. The Jesus Horse in the race.

If the Republicans can do one thing correctly, it's maximizing their efforts in elections. Palin has no chance to get the 2012 nomination, the Republicans themselves won't allow it. She may even run on the Tea Party ticket and lose the election for the Reps. I doubt it, but it's more plausible that seeing her get the Rep nomination. I don't even know why she's a news story other than to point at her and laugh. And that's all this is...as if she's some representation of the caricature that so many people want to believe. Of course, there is truth to some of those exaggerations, but that's why they generally work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom