The Tea Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing is ever "apples to apples"

I disagree

applestoapples_11_15_06.jpg

when we think of us, we agree that we a broad coalition of reasonable people

when we think of them, we see all of them as the worst element in their coalition, we paint them all with one brush.

when we think of them, we see all of them as the worst element in their coalition, we paint them all with one brush.

Well I try hard not to think about it as us vs. them, although sometimes that's impossible.

And I'll be the first to admit we have some fucking loonies on our side. But I just haven't ever seen them embraced the way the Tea Party has. I mean they have mainstream players such as Palin, the AM radio guys, Fox News, and even some Senators walking among them and speaking of them with reverence. That's just my thoughts about how this seems fairly new to me.

olberman is to a republican what o'reilly is to a democrat.

maddow is to a republican what hannity is to a democrat.

republicans think you're nuts to say fox news is biased.

democrats think you're nuts to say msnbc is biased.

people capable of free thought who aren't pegged down by some ideological bullshit think they're both nuts.

people capable of free thought who aren't pegged down by some ideological bullshit think they're both nuts.

I agree with the Olbermann/O'Reilly/Maddow/Hannity anology, but I do think there is a difference in how they present their channels.

Fox News: Fair and Balanced

MSNBC: Your Place For Politics

^little different

honestly, no, i don't agree.

yes, all of the above view politics as a form of entertainment, and all make decisions based upon their perceived audience and that audience's needs and desires.

but they do not use comparable tactics, nor are they in comparable parts of the political spectrum. Hannity is vastly further right than is Maddow, and the overall effect is to pull all of discourse to the right, especially when you create a foil on the other side and say that they are just the same as you. that's the overall "Fox Effect" -- that there are two sides of equal merit and you simply need to locate yourself on one side of the fence or the other.

are we really going to say that, gosh, creationism and evolution are just different opinions, and equally valid, so YOU DECIDE?

yes, people on the Right and the Left have places where they can go to get razzle-dazzle political entertainment.

but these places are not the same.

What's the third network?

If you're talking about CNN, we got problems, son. I can't live without my Andy Coops. :angry:

Obama: Not All Tea Partiers "On The Fringe" -

"The "broader circle around that core group," he said, include those who "are legitimately concerned about the deficit, who are legitimately concerned that the federal government may be taking on too much." The president said the emergency measures taken by the government to help the economy, such as the auto bailout, "fed that sense that things are out of control."

"And I think those are folks who have legitimate concerns," said the president. "...And my hope is is that as we move forward and we're tackling things like the deficit, and imposing a freeze on domestic spending, and taking steps that show we're sincere about dealing with our long-term problems that some of that group will dissipate." By contrast, the "core group" that questions his legitimacy will likely never be convinced, Obama said."

Obama is wrong!!!
you are now are in league with the 'core' tea bag partiers.

you can still come over, and join reasonable, intelligent thinkers like myself and Obama.

i just found out that if i want to go to the toronto U2 show i need a passport now to get back into the usa, if thats how they want to be im tempted to stay in canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom