The Tea Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My U2 shirts all have glitter pen and macaroni art.

The best ones have sparkly unicorns on the backs.

In '08 I was quite adamant in my admiration for the enthusiasm shown by Obama supporters. It bordered a bit close to cult of personality at times but nevertheless was a breath of fresh air to politics.
Agree or disagree with them, the loosely defined Tea Party - rough edges and all - is truly a grassroots political phenomena. People getting involved with their government should be a good thing and it's just a shame that we live in such an age of cynicism we can't at least appreciate a little rare spontaneity in our increasingly McPackaged McWorld.

I do think people getting involved in politics and with their government is a great thing! I just wish there weren't so many in this particular group that just just seem so angry with everything, and frankly, a lot of them frighten me.

Good for them for speaking up, I guess, but some of them have a vision of America that frightens me. Joking about the misspellings aside, some of their ideas are backassward, ignorant and frightening.

i dont appreciate them because i think they are dead wrong. nazism started out as a grass roots movement too, does that mean i should appreciate it???

Agree or disagree with them, the loosely defined Tea Party - rough edges and all - is truly a grassroots political phenomena. People getting involved with their government should be a good thing and it's just a shame that we live in such an age of cynicism we can't at least appreciate a little rare spontaneity in our increasingly McPackaged McWorld.]

That's rich considering the astroturf that organizes many Tea Party events. Gotta love Dick Armey.

I never found any use for studying a dead language so i dont speak Latin, and hey like the sign said English is the official language here in the usa

In '08 I was quite adamant in my admiration for the enthusiasm shown by Obama supporters. It bordered a bit close to cult of personality at times but nevertheless was a breath of fresh air to politics.
Agree or disagree with them, the loosely defined Tea Party - rough edges and all - is truly a grassroots political phenomena. People getting involved with their government should be a good thing and it's just a shame that we live in such an age of cynicism we can't at least appreciate a little rare spontaneity in our increasingly McPackaged McWorld.

But you have to ask yourself WHY? And this has been my issue since day one. WHY weren't these folks out when W was president? They(you) pretend that it's about big government, buy why did they wait? Everytime this is asked, no one answers. Why? Because the answer is scary. Look back at our first tea party thread, the supporters are clueless. Read it, it's entertaining. Some were already claiming their taxes have already been risen... some were claiming he has a Muslim agenda... I mean it's ridiculous.

Stop pretending. You and Reagan aren't small government, you're just for government that helps YOU and YOUR wallet. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom