the surge is working! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2007, 08:19 PM   #46
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat

Actually, it's exactly what Bush said. "Bring it on."
Well, they did. And we have over 3,000 less people in this country because of it.

Your jab at anyone who disagrees with Bush's war policy is pathetic. We can't expect more from the hardcore right-wing people who are so set in their ways that they'd defend Bush and everything he does out of principle. There's nothing patriotic about the lie we made to get into Iraq. Sure, Saddam Hussein was an asshole, I don't think anyone here would ever say anything otherwise. But the world is full of asshole dictators who are equally deserving to be removed from power. Why don't we do it? Because of the repercussions we are seeing with what we did in Iraq. It is in chaos, no matter the fluctuations in death tolls (they will drop and rise like the tide, much like everything else). It has become, as one poster said before, a breeding ground for terrorist groups who wish to retain control of a loose cannon country. All the while trying to find a way to get rid of Israel and all its allies (us).
The same thing would happen to any other country in which we would topple a dictator without any plan or backup from the United Nations to make sure that the type of government the people of said country (what! there are more choices than democracy?!) want.

And before you get all hussy about all the Democrats jumping down your throat about this, know that I'm not a Democrat, like phillyfan. It's such deep beliefs in a single party instead of the issue or the actual person that have divided this country and made us sit back and take a passerby approach at politics. We can't think of anything on our own, it just has to be told to us from one source of media, whether it be FOX or the alleged "liberal press," etc.

Anyway, I'll go back into FYM lurking right now, but I felt feisty enough to post all of this after reading most of the long, long discussions here last week.
I am not far-right, lmao. I am not affiliated with any party. I just go w/ what I think is right, a.k.a. independent. Next time don't label me, which you asked for me to not do as well.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

The Big Lie. Say something over and over again soon enough people will believe it to be true. Thus, the GOP connecting Saddam to 9-11.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx

I am not far-right, lmao. I am not affiliated with any party. I just go w/ what I think is right, a.k.a. independent. Next time don't label me, which you asked for me to not do as well.
Uhh, I didn't call you one.

I'm merely making my conclusions about what you have said about phillyfan in the past, as well as other liberals on this forum. You seem to hate liberals enough.

Are you ready to address my post now?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:11 AM
Stupidity trumps malevolence every time, I bet 40% of Americans believe N-Korea had something to do with 9/11 let alone the numbers that pin it on their own government.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #50
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:11 AM
Quote:
I am not far-right, lmao. I am not affiliated with any party.

You don't have to be affiliated with a party to be politically far-right, and your posts here - well, maybe you aren't far-right; you've flown past that and gone off the charts. This is insane. I somewhat suspect that you are a troll, especially due to your amazing ability to avoid the substance of all posts to which you respond. What will you pull from my post? That I am actually an employee of Moqtada al-Sadr's propaganda department?

And let's be honest, what is considered even moderately left by US standards is centre-right in many other parts of the world. I don't think it's incorrect to say that the average person who identifies as right wing in a US context would be considered far-right in many other countries. I know that is certainly true about my native New Zealand. You? You'd be laughed out of the country as a warmonger.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I somewhat suspect that you are a troll, especially due to your amazing ability to avoid the substance of all posts to which you respond.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #52
Acrobat

Quote:

Uhh, I didn't call you one.

I'm merely making my conclusions about what you have said about phillyfan in the past, as well as other liberals on this forum. You seem to hate liberals enough.

Are you ready to address my post now?
Have you even seen the latest readings from the last few weeks since the latest rounds of troops of arrived? Crime has decreased by 30% in the areas that they have gone through. Don't tell me that it is not working. It takes longer than a few years to build up a new government from scratch. We got a leader in place who isn't ideal as well, and are now leaning towards the Sunni's, which has been very beneficial for us.

Who cares if al Qaeda was in or not in Iraq when the coalition of forces invaded it. That is not why it was invaded. So, to bring that argument up is immature. That was one of the reason's why we felt it necessary, for Saddam was supporting armed groups of that nature. He also had the capability of providing al-Qaeda nuclear technology, which would have been catastrophical.

So, for all of you to sit around here and defend him is outrageous. Would you rather live in a world w/ or w/out him? I am glad that he is dead, glad that there is a democrat government, and some sign of hope in Iraq. Although it might not appear yet, there is a famous Prophet in Iraq by the name of al-Sistan i. He is the future of Iraq. He is much more popular than Al-Sadr, who by the way is the same as Bush, both puppet's of their father's, and preaches the moderate tone. Everyone should look into his preachings for he is the true leader of Iraq's Shiite-Sunni coalition. He is what keeps Iraq from all-out civil war, and that is why it will not happen. While it may appear that way, and Iran and others may want it, the Iraqi familiy that lives close to me says it won't happen b/c of the long history the two have w/ each other. The Preachings of al-Sistani, a beautiful thing.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Who cares if al Qaeda was in or not in Iraq when the coalition of forces invaded it. That is not why it was invaded. So, to bring that argument up is immature. That was one of the reason's why we felt it necessary, for Saddam was supporting armed groups of that nature. He also had the capability of providing al-Qaeda nuclear technology, which would have been catastrophical.

Where is the logic in any of this statement?

You just seem really confused about everything.
I was confused at your age too. Then an election came along and I began to realize that you shouldn't trust your government completely.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #54
Acrobat

Quote:

I was confused at your age too. Then an election came along and I began to realize that you shouldn't trust your government completely.
What logic do you need? Saddam was capable of supporting terrorist groups that could have hurt our national interests, which is most important.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #55
Acrobat

Quote:

And stop bringing up my age. I am 68.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
We got a leader in place who isn't ideal as well, and are now leaning towards the Sunni's, which has been very beneficial for us.
No, you have an elected government that has it's own sectarian security service, sort of a department of religious genocide; the only reason that the Sunnis are cooperating is because of Al Qaeda alliances proved nothing but trouble and as soon as the US leaves they are at the mercy of the formerly opressed.

Your contempt towards democracy (lip service really, since you apparently have no problem subverting it when the guy in charge isn't to your liking) may well be matched by a contempt for liberty. Bush has no problem when democracy leans towards theocracy, in the absence of liberty and guarantees on those liberties democracy is mob rule.

As for Sistani your rose coloured glassed may well be tinted with blood. I for one don't find much beauty in the fatwa that Sistani put condemning gays to death through "the worst, most severe way of killing"
Old 07-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #57
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:

Who cares if al Qaeda was in or not in Iraq when the coalition of forces invaded it. That is not why it was invaded. So, to bring that argument up is immature.
Um, you brought up 9/11. You made the immature and uninformed comment, everyone else just questioned you about it.

Quote:

So, for all of you to sit around here and defend him is outrageous.
Too much ignorance for me, I'm outta here.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #58
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

As for Sistani your rose coloured glassed may well be tinted with blood. I for one don't find much beauty in the fatwa that Sistani put condemning gays to death through "the worst, most severe way of killing"
Well, tell me anywhere other than Israel, in the Middle East where it isn't that way??

Sistani is pro-US, anti al-Sadr, and very moderate. He does not preach the idea of fanatacism as well.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

What logic do you need? Saddam was capable of supporting terrorist groups that could have hurt our national interests, which is most important.
I am capable of killing you and your family, do I deserve to be procecuted for it?

Saddam did support suicide bombers in Palestine, he did give santuary to terrorists like Abu Nidal and Zarqawi was in Iraq before the war began (as were many other irregular militants who were absorbed into the Fedayeen Saddam - of course in different parts of the country, the key distinction).
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #60
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I am capable of killing you and your family, do I deserve to be procecuted for it?

Saddam did support suicide bombers in Palestine, he did give santuary to terrorists like Abu Nidal and Zarqawi was in Iraq before the war began (as were many other irregular militants who were absorbed into the Fedayeen Saddam - of course in different parts of the country, the key distinction).
There's a difference between someone who had knowingly killed hundreds of thousands of his own, and then you or me. Don't compare the two.