The super duper I Hate Kerry Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to FYM, Abby. :wave:

FYM is a political/religious discussion forum, as you've probably noticed. A thread that does nothing more than make some unsubstantiated claims about someone or something would usually be closed. Since you're new here, however, I don't want to close your thread. We'd like to hear your views on Kerry, and please keep in mind that we do *try* (emphasis on *try*, LOL) to keep this place pretty free of mudslinging. There's enough of that in politics as it is.

Thanks.

Yeah, we have all sorts of opinions and points of view here, but it's not our practice to say "Candidate X is an :censored:hole" or whatever. Rather, we will say what we like or don't like about Candidate X or maybe Party X in terms of policies and/or ideas.

I think Douglas Adams said it best:

"To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem." -- chapter 28, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

:D

I sometimes wonder if it's not absolutely insane to want such a killer job. Could we be voting for people who are out of their minds in some way?

I would definitely say that is a common practice in this forum to say that Bush is a :censored:hole or something similar. It is actually refreshing to see the opposing candidate to Bush get wacked considering the overwhelming amount of bashing, often unobjective, that Bush gets in this place.

Welcome to the forum. :)

I am quite sure that the only way you can achieve the highest positions in politics and business is by an enormous hunger for power and not because of superior idealism

There's a difference between unobjective criticism of a politician (and let's face it, there's not a single objective poster in FYM) which takes the form of "I dislike politician X because he..." and starting a thread which says "he's a lying sleazebag and I hate him" without any form of supporting evidence.

If we want to have a debate about Kerry's good and bad points, that's cool. But realistically just saying "I hate hate hate him" isn't usually the start of a good debate.

I think a moderator already made the point.

Welcome to the forum Achtung-Abby4..

And STING...You are correct!

I have tried to look for the good in Kerry but I didn't get much further than the at-least-he-is-not-Bush argument. let's just say it sounds as if his policies suck less than the one you have now, but we'll first have to see if he can walk the walk. I'd like to find out what his economy plan is, that will decide the election, doesn't really matter how many people die in the illegal war in Iraq or how Kerry's voting record has been. As long as there isn't a big scandal people are going to vote for the guy that'll give them the biggest wallet. Erst kommt das Fressen, dann die Moral, it makes me sick really.

Thanks for starting the thread, Abby-whatsyername! I'll change my vote now! Oh, damn.

I forgot.

It's not my country.

Incidentally, I hear that a poll by the Washington Times found that apparently terrorists would be more likely to prefer a Kerry presidency.

Personally I think this says more about the Washington Times than anything else.

Dr. Teeth, you're right about Americans voting "our pocketbooks". I've been wondering just how much 9/11 might have changed this; after all, we're certainly more security conscious than we were before the planes crashed into the WTC. It looks like this might not affect our voting patterns, however. I don't know, the f:censored:g election is still eight months away. You'd think it was next week from all the activity going on with the campaign already. Damn this electionathon. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Sucks less, might be less likely to kill 10,000 innocent citizens of another middle Eastern country, not guaranteed to sink our economy and drain our civil rights.

This is like the shopping list game. :D

Sucks less, might be less likely to kill 10,000 innocent citizens of another middle Eastern country, not guaranteed to sink our economy and drain our civil rights, AND more likely to be able to construct a coherent sentence. (Seriously, did anyone hear Bush talking about ETA and saying "the E-T-A" rather than pronouncing it correctly? :rolleyes: )

Seriously, what's the deal with taxes as the mortal sin? Seems like you can get away with murder in politics these days as long as you don't raise taxes. :angry:

DrTeeth said:
Seriously, what's the deal with taxes as the mortal sin? Seems like you can get away with murder in politics these days as long as you don't raise taxes. :angry:

Well for the majority the Patriot act: won't affect them, lessening freedom of speech: won't affect them, gay marriage: won't affect them, the environment: won't affect them during their life, war: they won't have to fight it, forcing religion into legislation: more than likely it's their religion so they don't care, but taxes: hey you've crossed the line now because that affects me and my ability to buy my Hummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom