The spirit of Hitler is alive and well - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2005, 08:40 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:24 AM
nazis give a bad name to us protestant-blonde-haired-blue-eyed of european descent folks. screw 'em and their wannabe superiority.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:07 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:24 PM
I have to say that the idea that people like this still exist in the world puts a cold chill into my heart. My boyfriend is African and as black as they come. He's gorgeous and I love him to bits. And I wonder how we will be treated in the States as a mixed race couple. The thought that anyone would want to harm him makes me so angry and sick that I wonder what kind of a world we live in.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:16 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

There are lots of mixed race couples here now. Just don't go to Idaho because that's where the neo-nazis HQs are.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

well that is good to know U2dem, because if things work out we will be moving to Virginia. I've only ever driven through the state once and have no clue as to the demographics and state of race relations.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:36 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

These people are such a minority that they're hardly worth giving this much attention to. If it weren't for the internet, we probably wouldn't even know they existed.

Melon
Old 04-02-2005, 09:38 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

ah well in virginia....that's also different. it depends on what part of the state you're in. i can tell you right now that there's still alot of racial tension here, particularly in the western part of the state. richmond, where i live, is the former capital of the confederate states. however the city itself is more liberal than the outlying areas. but northern virginia is the ultimate melting pot. so as i said, it all matters where in virginia you'll be.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:40 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Winchester. In any case, I'll beat up anyone who dares say a peep to my man.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:44 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

you go girl!
Old 04-02-2005, 10:01 AM   #24
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:24 AM
A couple of years back, my boyfriend and I were driving around a small town in the midlands, near where he went to uni. We saw a load of police vans go by, sirens blaring, and wondered what the hell it was all about.

When we put the news on, there were reports of major race riots between the Asian and Caucasian communities. It had got pretty nasty and there was a lot of violence.

This happened at precisely the time we had been driving around that town. I'm glad they didn't see us, we would have been in shit - I'm originally Asian and my boyfriend is white. Both groups were just bashing everyone they could find.

This resulted in a fence being erected between the two areas of the community.

The BNP supporters got hold of a random American guy and bashed the hell out of him later on... he was from Hawaii. Tthey didn't care where he came from, just that he wasn't a Nazi skinhead thug.

That said - a while back, my sister and her bloke were walking, minding their own business, with little Lucy in the pushchair. Lucy was only 9 months old at this point.

This group of Asian guys pulled up at the pavement and starting shouting abuse at them. Poor Lucy, who has always been very sensitive, started howling. These bastards said to my sister "don't bring these sort round here - we don't like it".

My sister has never ever been shy of expressing her opinion, and has dealt with some very scary, nasty situations.

She picked up Lucy, left the pushchair, and fled - that's how frightened she was.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:03 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

There's a KKK camp next to our church camp..........

Whenever there are black kids going to the camp (which is quite often) the KKK drives in their pickup trucks with huge confederate banners in front of the entrance to the church camp shouting all sorts of obscenities.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Hate is exactly what drives these groups. Your hate is what fuels them. I just ignore them. There message is an awful one, but if it is ignored, it can't spread. Hate is fruitless.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #27
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Hate is exactly what drives these groups. Your hate is what fuels them. I just ignore them. There message is an awful one, but if it is ignored, it can't spread. Hate is fruitless.

We've had this conversation before. I agree with you now, as I did then. However, it's very easy to sit back and preach - particularly at someone else - but not as easy to react in a completely idealistic manner.

I do see your point about ignoring such a petty and warped mindset (of which there are many throughout the world)... but I don't believe ignorance is bliss.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:24 AM
Omg Sally....how the hell did they hack into your computer?? I'm really sorry that happened...
Old 04-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #29
The Fly

Sallycinnamon, i'm very sad and disturbed to hear about this happening. I hope whoever did it gets caught and arrested. I live in Ireland, and the racist stuff that happens up in Belfast is sickening. It's been called the "rascism capital of the world" its horrible.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:25 PM   #30
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
I have to say that the idea that people like this still exist in the world puts a cold chill into my heart. My boyfriend is African and as black as they come. He's gorgeous and I love him to bits. And I wonder how we will be treated in the States as a mixed race couple. The thought that anyone would want to harm him makes me so angry and sick that I wonder what kind of a world we live in.
My eldest brother lives in Pennsylvania. He's married to a lovely woman called Penny. They are a mixed race couple and they have never had any problems.

That said, when I was living in Milwaukee, WI, I got called "Saddam Hussein's daughter". This is me:

Can't you see the family resemblence? It must be my broom moustache that made them think that.

Thanks to all for your words of support. Much appreciated.

Here's my little Lucy: