The Soham Trial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He received two life sentences so he should spend the rest of his days inside a jail cell.

What's really horrifying is that he was already known to the police for sexual assault and having sex with underage girls. It's sickening to think that he got a job as a school caretaker with this sort of background.

:sad:

FizzingWhizzbees said:

What's really horrifying is that he was already known to the police for sexual assault and having sex with underage girls. It's sickening to think that he got a job as a school caretaker with this sort of background.

:sad:

Huntley applied for the Soham job under the name "Ian Nixon"
But perhaps the most critical question is how was Huntley allowed to become a school caretaker?

There is supposed to be a thorough system of police checks to prevent anyone unsuitable from working with children - there was a mass of evidence that Huntley was a menace, yet he was given the all clear.

By the time he applied for the job at Soham, Huntley had changed his name to Ian Nixon - that might have fooled the system but in fact he did admit his original name was Huntley.

His police checks form first went to the Cambridgeshire force - they checked the police national computer under the name Nixon but they failed to check under Huntley - which would have thrown up his burglary charge.

Cambridgeshire Chief Constable Tom Lloyd admits that this was a mistake.

Maxine Carr is just a stupid woman and doesn't deserve lynching by the fuckwit public. I've seen on many an occasion , a woman still stick up for her man, even when he's been guilty of domestic abuse against her and the kids. They're not guilty of anything but being naive and thick.

The next time I see Ian Huntley I want to see him in the same way I last saw my daughter - in a coffin.

Hopefully the verdict will offer some closure for the families, and also that measures will be taken to ensure that people like Huntley do not slip through the net again and endanger children.

Huntley, I think, has the maximum sentence permissible by law. I don't live in the UK so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Carr, as Tizer said, is guilty of idiocy, albeit with horrific consequences. 3.5 years should be enough to let her reflect and then start over.

Ms Nixon told the paper: "I truly wish we had capital punishment.

"I believe Ian should not live after what he's done."

She added: "He's my baby boy and I love him but he deserves to be punished. He deserves to be strung up for what he's done.

"I wish there was an electric chair in this country that they could put him in and that would be the end of it."

Bloody hell.

Back
Top Bottom