the sobering of America - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #16
love, blood, life
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Of course the answer that you want is that the Americans steal the oil and the zionists are pulling the strings, taking out any governments hostile to Israel by stealth.
There you go again. The veiled assignation of anti-Zionism to somone that doesn't agree with your analysis is not an argument, by the way.

I note that you have not addressed my question!

As I indicated earlier, check out Cheney/Halliburton/Bushco/Bin Laden/Taliban connections, you may be surprised.

And no, I don't think that Zionists secretly pull the strings behind any of the above mentioned.

The Israeli government may well be an influence on US policy, but it is only one of many, and by no means the most important.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:39 PM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Q: what is the root cause of these bellicose noises coming out of Tehran?

A: a crumbling dictatorship of theocrats still clinging to the old revolution while the people are moving away from it, to reinforce their position they seek immunity from any foreign interference by establishing a nuclear program, thus giving them free reign to act without concequence.

The bellicose statements are a tactic on the road to getting weapons, calculated moves to tell the world that you mean business thus enabling a dialogue to be established which helps to buy time, it is the same tactic as North Korea to an extent, however I do not see Iran giving up it's nuclear ambitions for concessions in the same manner, it does appear to be a tactic to buy time for the weapons to be made.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:56 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Go Iran, make the best nuclear bomb there is, everyone should have the same rights.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:00 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 10:38 PM
I don't want an invasion of Iran. We don't have the manpower for it anyway, all of our troops are in Iraq. They just can't pull troops and planes and stuff out of a paper bag.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:06 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 06:38 PM
The greatest blunder of this administration is not going to be Iraq, it will be the emergence of a nuclear Iran next door.

perhaps the blunder in Iraq has faciliated the emergence of a nuclear Iran.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:26 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:38 PM

""With this election, the Islamic republic of Iran is more capable of confronting challenges, and the Europeans have to take this into consideration," ~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, June 2005

Good to know that this is coming from the new president of the country who was involved in taking American hostages 25 years ago. What a great country...go from terrorist to president, or maybe he hasn't left the terrorist past behind.