The Secret Tunnels Under The University of Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seems common for the era

University of Irvine, CA
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-tunnels19aug19,0,166738.story?coll=la-home-local

20.jpg

more pictures

Oooh, we totally had those at my college in Minnesota. They were awesome when the snow was deep and it was cold outside and you didn't want to bundle up just to get from one classroom building to another. :up:

There's tunnels connecting most of the older buildings (that were built at the same time) at my school, too.

There used to be one from the Arts building to the (formerly) all-girls' dorm, but it got shut down because it was too dangerous.

The tunnel from the Arts & Social Sciences building to the library has kept my ass out of the cold many a time, though. :up:

neil c said:

ha, i live a few miles away, and went to college//uni there, though i was living elsewhere when that news segment aired in 2004.

U of Texas does have enormous steam towers and power plants to supply the energy needs of the 50K+ student campus, and there are certain areas of campus where you can see through grates at least one storey down, but I had no idea there was such an extensive network of tunnels.

I thought the steam tunnels were kind of mysterious and be an interesting study.

If you delve deeply into the subject there are many unanswered questions, such as pipes marked "Acid Waste", very unusual shaped electrical conduit boxes, lockable steel cages, grates leading down to even lower levels, "No Comments" from university administrators.

steamtunnel.jpg

We have a secret tunnel hear. A really, really goody-two-shoes acquaintance of mine got busted by Public Safety and had to meet with a dean freshman year after he thought he'd found the entrance to the tunnel - and turned out to have wandered into the unlocked SEPTA control station where he could have cut the power to the whole line.

Oh SEPTA you're so clever.

However, can't really see how this is FYM

neil c said:
I thought the steam tunnels were kind of mysterious and be an interesting study.

If you delve deeply into the subject there are many unanswered questions, such as pipes marked "Acid Waste", very unusual shaped electrical conduit boxes, lockable steel cages, grates leading down to even lower levels, "No Comments" from university administrators.

Acid waste is very common in labortories, and being it's a university I see no mystery there.

Conduits come in all shapes and sizes, not sure what makes an unusual one.

Lockable steel cages are also very common in areas like this, just like they are in power plants, waste facilities, etc...

This website just seems to be reaching...

Varitek said:

However, can't really see how this is FYM
The tunnels are part of a US Government conspiracy involved in their plot to bring down the Twin Towers. It was an inside job!

Well, I tried :shrug: Yeah, not really FYM material.

Am I buggin' you? I don't mean to bug ya

I don't see why steam tunnels are not FYM - isn't this an off topic forum, for general banter?

Why is dog fighting any more relevant?

magnum4.jpg

Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events.

So, which of those categories would you put that in?

And what do you want to discuss?

Obviously it's a website that tries to make something mysterious, even conspirational, out of nothing.
And if you take a closer look, there neither are any mysteries, nor conspiracies.

Back
Top Bottom