The Sanctity of Life - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:07 PM
I think there have been innocent people that have been executed, thats why I think DNA test and other stuff must be looked at thoroughly, even from a 3rd party source, before any execution is done.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #92
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
I think there have been innocent people that have been executed,
Reason alone why capital punishment isn't justifiable.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

What would you tell the arab nations about their execution methods. God told them it was ok for them to execute according to Mohammed who spoke for god.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:03 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What would you tell the arab nations about their execution methods. God told them it was ok for them to execute according to Mohammed who spoke for god.
I'm not Muslim and have never lived in an Arab country, so I wouldn't know where to begin a dialogue.

But the question is pointless given the fact that even those who don't have power granted from God still want it and find ways to justify it.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:14 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
But the question is pointless given the fact that even those who don't have power granted from God still want it and find ways to justify it.
I guess those people don't have enough faith in God because if they did, they would be content in the notion that each person will reserve their deserving judgement in the end, regardless of the decisions that men make.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:23 PM   #96
Refugee

Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono

The Singapore case is not a good example and I'll tell you why:
smuggling heroin into a country is bad enough but I don't equate it with a person taking another person's life. Besides, if you're prepared to commit a crime then you should also be prepared to take the consequences - although I do agree that this crime didn't warrant the death penalty.

For example, do you think that a person who runs another person over in a car deliberately, killing him, deserves the same punishment as someone who throws litter in the street? .....of course you don't.

For that matter, do you think Ted Bundy should have been let off with a fine and a slap on the wrist? ALSO not.....

Killers are animals with no regard for human life, why do they deserve ANY consideration? Why should this man have lived to the age of 76 when he denied his victims that right?

You are sitting on the fence!
You just can't on this topic, you have to make a decision, you are either against capitol punishment or for it!
Please take note! I'm a mum and the thought if, anyone killed my children,well, i don't even want to think about it!!!
Even though i would want them to suffer, die an agonising death,pour battery acid on their eyes!(this is why family members cannot pick the punishment for the crime)
The fact remains do i oppose the death penalty! Yes, i have to!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:27 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

How could you as a mom oppose the death penalty if someone had destroyed your life by taking away someone precious to you?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #98
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
How could you as a mom oppose the death penalty if someone had destroyed your life by taking away someone precious to you?
How is it so hard for you to understand people live by principles, even when those principles are challenged?

Executing someone will not bring back someone's child...
Old 01-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Neither will having them in Jail for the rest of their lives. And while the victims taxes go to pay for prisons and feed, clothing and giving medical attention to inmates. That means the murderer is still alive living on the victims dime.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:36 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:07 AM
Is there much difference in costs between executing ore food ect for prisoners the serve lifetime ? I don`t know, but being in jail for lifetime sounds not much better than the deathpenalty either.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:38 PM   #101
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Neither will having them in Jail for the rest of their lives.
No one is claiming it will. But atleast I could sleep at night knowing I didn't have to lower myself to the level of a murderer. And they will have to face the fact of what they've done for the rest of their lives...
Quote:

And while the victims taxes go to pay for prisons and feed, clothing and giving medical attention to inmates. That means the murderer is still alive living on the victims dime.
This argument doesn't hold any water. The money spent, depending on the state isn't much different from that of a lifer and one on death row...
Old 01-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:07 AM
http://www.deathpenalty.org/index.php?pid=cost

The Facts

# The California death penalty system costs taxpayers more than $114 million a year beyond the cost of simply keeping the convicts locked up for life. (This figure does not take into account additional court costs for post-conviction hearings in state and federal courts, estimated to exceed several million dollars.)

# With 11 executions spread over 27 years, on a per execution basis, California and federal taxpayers have paid more than $250 million for each execution.

# It costs approximately $90,000 more a year to house an inmate on death row, than in the general prison population or $57.5 million annually.

# The Attorney General devotes about 15% of his budget, or $11 million annually to death penalty cases.

# The California Supreme Court spends $11.8 million on appointed counsel for death row inmates.

# The Office of the State Public Defender and the Habeas Corpus Resource Center spend a total of $22.3 million on defense for indigent defendants facing death.

# The federal court system spends approximately $12 million on defending death row inmates in federal court.

# No figures were given for the amount spent by the offices of County District Attorneys on the prosecution of capital cases, however these expenses are presumed to be in the tens of millions of dollars each year.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:41 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/

here is another site to check out. Happy reading Bonovox
Old 01-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #104
Refugee

Local Time: 02:07 PM
You are just not getting it are you!!!!

Answer me this!
Should a woman die if she is found to have commited adultery?
Should a man die if he steals chickens?
Should a woman die if she OD her own child?
Should a man die if he rapes and murder a nurse on her way back from work?

If you have answered yes,to any of these things, you are for it! I am not talking about who deserves to die! i'm talking about should people die for a crime, because this is a fact, all of the above holds the capitol punishment.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:43 PM   #105
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/

here is another site to check out. Happy reading Bonovox
Seen it but thanks for singling me out...