The Sanctity of Life - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2006, 02:32 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 05:03 PM
It really makes my blood boil how opponents of the death penalty think only of the "suffering" of the condemmed person and how cruel putting them to death is.....without a thought to what they did to their victims.

Ok, so the guy was blind and crippled....so what? At least he lived longer than the 3 people he ordered murdered....who I'm sure did not just go to sleep like he did.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!!

Old 01-18-2006, 02:58 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Well achtungbono, you can go ahead and boil cause I oppose the death penalty and nothing you said in your little post has changed my mind.

You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Like Justin24 you are preaching nothing more than blood lust. I don't give a fuck what is done to this post... which I accept, is fairly confrontational - it's true!

Old 01-18-2006, 03:17 AM   #18
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:03 AM
Why is it that supporters of the death penalty so often seem to wholly misunderstand why people oppose it? AchtungBono, Justin24, et al, do you actually think we support criminals and haven't a thought for the victims?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-18-2006, 03:22 AM   #19
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:03 AM
What, you saying you dirty hippies DO actually think about the victims and care???

I wonder if this prison uses butter or margarine for the kindly old inmates.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:12 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
It really makes my blood boil how opponents of the death penalty think only of the "suffering" of the condemmed person and how cruel putting them to death is.....without a thought to what they did to their victims.

Ok, so the guy was blind and crippled....so what? At least he lived longer than the 3 people he ordered murdered....who I'm sure did not just go to sleep like he did.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!!

You know, this guy would have been dead except he was kept alive to be executed. What the fuck good was that? Do you really have such hate in you that seems like a good idea to you?

And, dear, you might want to watch that boiling blood bit...I don't think it's all that good for your health. You might spring a leak.....
Old 01-18-2006, 04:41 AM   #21
Refugee

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AchtungBono
[B]"It really makes my blood boil how opponents of the death penalty think only of the "suffering" of the condemmed person and how cruel putting them to death is.....without a thought to what they did to their victims"

You have to ask yourself,do you support the death penalty? There is no sitting on the fence,because where could you draw the line.
In Australia,we have just come through an extarodinary milestone, we lost a fellow australian Mr Van Nguyen (22yrs old,I think), hung by the Singaporean Govt.
What crime did he do? He smuggled Heroine into Singapore.
Now don't get me wrong, i have seen the trail of destruction this narcotic can do. But,does the crime fit the punishment.
Van was the 1st hanging in over 30 years, we are also nearing to accept the fact that 9 other fellow Australians will potentially face a death penalty (by firing squad!) for also trafficking.
I oppose the death penalty because, well, i can't sit on the fence! You are either for it or against it!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:36 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:03 PM

Quote:
It is beyond me how anyone who has ever payed any attention in any of the 400+ capital punishment threads can still think this.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:41 AM   #23
Refugee

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fly so high!
[B]
Quote:
"It really makes my blood boil how opponents of the death penalty think only of the "suffering" of the condemmed person and how cruel putting them to death is.....without a thought to what they did to their victims"

You have to ask yourself,do you support the death penalty? There is no sitting on the fence,because where could you draw the line.
In Australia,we have just come through an extarodinary milestone, we lost a fellow australian Mr Van Nguyen (22yrs old,I think), hung by the Singaporean Govt.
What crime did he do? He smuggled Heroine into Singapore.
Now don't get me wrong, i have seen the trail of destruction this narcotic can do. But,does the crime fit the punishment.
Van was the 1st hanging in over 30 years, we are also nearing to accept the fact that 9 other fellow Australians will potentially face a death penalty (by firing squad!) for also trafficking.
I oppose the death penalty because, well, i can't sit on the fence! You are either for it or against it!
The Singapore case is not a good example and I'll tell you why:
smuggling heroin into a country is bad enough but I don't equate it with a person taking another person's life. Besides, if you're prepared to commit a crime then you should also be prepared to take the consequences - although I do agree that this crime didn't warrant the death penalty.

For example, do you think that a person who runs another person over in a car deliberately, killing him, deserves the same punishment as someone who throws litter in the street? .....of course you don't.

For that matter, do you think Ted Bundy should have been let off with a fine and a slap on the wrist? ALSO not.....

Killers are animals with no regard for human life, why do they deserve ANY consideration? Why should this man have lived to the age of 76 when he denied his victims that right?
Old 01-18-2006, 06:46 AM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville
Well achtungbono, you can go ahead and boil cause I oppose the death penalty and nothing you said in your little post has changed my mind.

You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Like Justin24 you are preaching nothing more than blood lust. I don't give a fuck what is done to this post... which I accept, is fairly confrontational - it's true!
The only thing I can honestly and sincerely wish you with all my heart is that you never ever have to go through the pain of losing a loved one by an act of violence and then seeing the killer getting away with it by being sentenced to life in prison - life that the victim was denied.

For example, I can't bear the thought of Charles Manson living all these years in prison on the public dime, eating, sleeping and still spouting his garbage with no remorse at all for the heinous crimes he committed.

If Charles Manson isn't a good argument for the death penalty then I really don't know who is......
Old 01-18-2006, 07:06 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

The only thing I can honestly and sincerely wish you with all my heart is that you never ever have to go through the pain of losing a loved one by an act of violence and then seeing the killer getting away with it by being sentenced to life in prison - life that the victim was denied.

For example, I can't bear the thought of Charles Manson living all these years in prison on the public dime, eating, sleeping and still spouting his garbage with no remorse at all for the heinous crimes he committed.

If Charles Manson isn't a good argument for the death penalty then I really don't know who is......
Don't you lecture me, don't you DARE fucking lecture me. It's like I said - bloodlust. If life in a prison isn't enough for you for the person who commits the terrible crime - a punishment which removes them from society for good, if that isn't enough, then you need to look to yourself. The justice system isn't there to provide you with revenge.

A lot of people deserve to die - who will decide which ones?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:17 AM   #26
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville

Don't you lecture me, don't you DARE fucking lecture me. It's like I said - bloodlust. If life in a prison isn't enough for you for the person who commits the terrible crime - a punishment which removes them from society for good, if that isn't enough, then you need to look to yourself. The justice system isn't there to provide you with revenge.

A lot of people deserve to die - who will decide which ones?
I'm sorry, I wasn't lecturing you - I was just responding to your post that's all.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:
You're so full of shit.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Well I oppose the death penalty and I always think of the suffering of the victims, not of the suffering of the criminals. My sympathy lies with the victims always and not with the criminals. So there's at least one person for you...

Believe it or not you can be opposed to the death penalty and still have utter disgust and contempt for the criminals-the two aren't mutually exclusive.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

You're so full of shit.
Would you care to elaborate on why?

I always respect other people's opinions even if I don't agree with them - I never resort to personal attacks to get my point across.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #30
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:

Would you care to elaborate on why?

I always respect other people's opinions even if I don't agree with them - I never resort to personal attacks to get my point across.
You respect other people's opinion?

Not one person in here said they opposed the death penalty due to the suffering of the criminal. Not one. Yet you threw your own speculation and bias onto everyone of us who does oppose the death penalty.

Doesn't sound like respect to me.