The SAFEST way to fly(Think about it)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
First Nude Flight Leaves Miami Bound For Cancun
Organizers Say Trip Is First Of Its Kind

POSTED: 6:56 a.m. CDT May 5, 2003
UPDATED: 1:17 p.m. CDT May 5, 2003

MIAMI -- When the flight reached cruising altitude, 87 passengers took off more than their seat belts -- they removed their clothes.

The nude flight, billed by organizers as the first one of its kind, took off Saturday afternoon from Miami International Airport, headed for Cancun.

If somebody paid for your trip, would you travel on a nude flight?

A Houston travel agency specializing in clothing-optional getaways organized the trip on a chartered Boeing 727. Passengers paid $499 for the trip, with many heading to Cancun's El Dorado Resort & Spa for Nude Week.

"These are professionals who lead very stressful lives and are ready to let it all go," said Donna Daniels, co-owner of the Castaways travel agency and an in-the-buff traveler on the inaugural flight. "They are adventurers and risk takers. They don't even want clothes as a constraint. "

There were limits, though. The captain and crew kept their clothes on. No hot coffee or tea was served for fear of spills. And no hanky-panky.

"This is not the Mile High Club," Daniels said.

Newlyweds Claudia Kellersch and Blair Brumley from San Diego met on a nude beach and recently wed in a naked ceremony. The flight was Kellersch's 50th birthday present to Brumley.

"Can you think of a more perfect, unique gift?" she asked.

Naked travel is the fastest-growing segment of Castaways' business, Daniels said.

"After 9/11, I didn't have any cancellations," she said. "Even after war broke out, we didn't have any cancellations on this trip. People feel safe on a flight like this."

Also on NBC5.com:

"These are professionals who lead very stressful lives and are ready to let it all go"

I guess you could say their professionals at exibitionism and perhaps the stress comes from getting arrested.

man....looks like I'll have to head tot he gym before my next flight

Back
Top Bottom