The Saddest Book I've Ever Read - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 12-04-2003, 12:01 AM   #16
War Child
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Wow what a powerful statement the loss of faith. I can not even begin to imagine. I imagine how difficult it would be to see humans at there very worst and not lose faith.

Two books that just blew my mind first : Hitler's Willing Executioners and second Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland. The hardest books I have ever read for the content the truth made me literally sick to my stomach . I coudlnt beleive what I read so i can not even imagine going through it. It is an interesting topic though how easily ordinary men were turned into extrordinary killers. And the differnce in how some would justify that. It makes you wonder how easily it could happen again.

pray to god that not even our childrens childrens children ever have to experince it again. Our own reality these days is hard enough to explain or justify

The insight into why they did what they did was truly disturbing. It makes you wonder how easily it could happen again

and pray the most heartfelt prayer that we nor our childrens childrens children ever have live it